Recipe for Ham Barbecue

Anyone have a good tried and true recipe for Ham Barbecue using chipped ham (Yinz from the burgh know what I mean lol).  I usually just do ketchup and onions.  Any Suggestions.

almightycookie

Asked by almightycookie at 7:23 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• never heard of it.. hmmmmmmmmm
    sandjmom99

Answer by sandjmom99 at 7:31 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Very popular in Pittsburgh.  It is essentially a ham deli meat that is cut very thin and cooked up in a skillet with either barbecue sauce, a specific Isaly's Sauce (Isaly's is a brand of chipped ham and an old restaurant and deli chain that used to be all over Pittsburgh) or ketchup (Preferably Heinz ;) ) and other ingredients added like onions or relish.  There are other recipes out there just looking for something for Super Bowl.  Was tempted to get the Isaly's sauce.

almightycookie

Comment by almightycookie (original poster) at 8:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• size of the ham any extras like pineapple rings or chunks with a cherry and the bbq. get a nice tray to serve
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:55 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Obviously this is just a Pittsburgh thing like Pirmanti Bros. Sandwiches.  I got a recipe from my Pittsburgh Moms groups.  If you want the recipe let me know.

almightycookie

Comment by almightycookie (original poster) at 7:10 PM on Feb. 3, 2011