How to let him know I want him to do something for V-day?

My bf is not the sentimental romantic type. He does nice things sometimes but its not like romantic and such. I dont want to change him but it's our first V-day. We dont have ANY money to buy gifts and I have to work 10a-7p. I hinted around that I want breakfast in bed or the kids in bed and candlelight dinner for 2 when i get home but he just laughed it off like i was joking. Even tho I have to work, I want to have a little romance.

huntin_mama

Asked by huntin_mama at 7:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• I always tell my kids to tell daddy what I want. works every time.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 7:39 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• GOOD LUCK....i was going to tell you to just tell him but seems you already have
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 7:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• If he isn't the romantic type, you should not get your hopes up. You will probably just be disappointed. If these kinds of things are important to you, maybe you should just look for a new guy. There used to be an old saying about trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear or something like that. What it means is you got what you got, and you're not apt to see it change.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:40 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• You bring on the romance, dont just expect it all from him. Im getting my man a bottle of captain morgan and 2 shot glasses with our anniversary on them:) Maybe since you dont have a lot of money start with leaving him love notes around the house or write him a poem. He might start to catch on and do something for you
    ae2011

Answer by ae2011 at 8:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I'm with NannyB. If he is not the romantic type and you are, then you are in for some disappointment. A zebra won't change their stripes. You got what you got.

If you want more romance, you better start looking for a different type of guy.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:44 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Maybe u can set up a romantic surprise for him
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 5:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2011