why do u think adult content

sex deminishes as the relationship progress...i remember when my SO and I first got together we use to have sex every chance we got

suhweetness

Asked by suhweetness at 7:45 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• I think that we just get comfortable and forget that any relationship is a work in progress. also, with life, stress, and other things, the desire to have sex wanes. We start to feel taken for granted and then don't want to initiate sex as often because we "feel like we always have to start it".
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:49 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• when my (then SO, now DH) and I first started having sex, it was seriously 5 times a day. Then we got out of college and life happens and you can't keep up that kind of pace anymore!! Nowadays if we can be intimate a few times a week that's great. I think a lot of it has to do with scheduling, and being busy - and maybe getting more out of hanging out with and spending quality time with each other than getting busy in the bedroom.
    hippomom1919

Answer by hippomom1919 at 7:49 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• it doesn't have to, but more often than not- it does. w/ my ex, our sex life only continued to progress, getting better and better over the years. however we had a billion other issues. now w/ my SO, we aren't as sexual as we used to be, and it's not that the sex is worse- just not as often as it used to be...but add a kid, jobs- his career, my education, life, money issues, etc into the mix and sex falls lower on the list...when we do have time we try to actually enjoy it instead of just having sex (although not gonna lie, sometimes wish we'd skip to the sex!)
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 7:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• With us, the sex gets better, but it has gotten less frequent. However, the frequency does change. Sometimes we have more, sometimes we have less. It depends on how well we are getting along at the moment. And, what's going on in life for us affects it as well. Right now, we are getting along great, but, we are so damned tired all the time. But man, when we do have sex, wow! Fireworks!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• us too a few weeks ago he was waking me up all night long this week i cant even get him to come to bed at a descent time
    suhweetness

Comment by suhweetness (original poster) at 8:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Maybe date nights would help? Both of you could have fun and be romantic and could take turns planning them
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 8:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• At the beginning of the relationship, there are really no joint responsibilities. As you become established as a couple and move in together responsibilities start to build and then the anxiety kicks in. My DH and I used to entertain A LOT, and now after being together for seven years, we have stopped doing that also. Look over your past with your SO you might find there is a lot more than just sex that doesn't happen as often as it did when the relationship was responsibility free.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 10:49 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• naturally anything that is new is more appealing. new car, clothes, house, sex.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 2:24 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• i dont think it deminshes, i think we get stuck in a rut and things become routine instead of new and exticing
    bbutram5104

Answer by bbutram5104 at 3:31 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I think you have to be creative. Just find NEW things to try and talk about memories from when you first got together and stir those old feelings back up.
    mamastyles

Answer by mamastyles at 4:57 AM on Feb. 3, 2011