How long after a miscarriage did you start trying again?

How long did you start ttc after a miscarriage? What is the recommended length of time to wait?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I think it all depends on how far into the pregnancy you were. If you were pretty early then probably just a couple months of regular periods. If you were further into the pregnancy tho, I think they recommend you wait longer so your body has a chance to catch up a little.
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 10:33 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I had a chemical pregnancy in September and we TTC right away. I am now pregnant.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 1:01 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I had a miscarraige back in April, and my husband and I started TTC again around July. So about 3 months. It's all dependant on you really hun. I had to wait for normal cycles again, but also needed the time to grieve for my loss before I could start TTC again.
    MamaChanny

Answer by MamaChanny at 11:20 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• i had a miscarriage back in May of 1998 and the docs didn't want me to get pregnant until a year later. i get pregnant later that year, i had my daughter in August 1999.
    hollie1490

Answer by hollie1490 at 7:33 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• My first miscarriage I was 5 weeks we didn't wait we tried after I got my period back and was pregnant with our DD within a month after my miscarriage. My second miscarriage I was 12 weeks and had to go through a D&C and then after a month had 2 really bad hemmorages that lead me to the hospital. I didn't feel like trying I didn't feel like doing anything after that happened. That was back in March. I just found out Friday I am pregnant again with my 4th! I just pray that this baby sticks . The funny thing is with this pregnancy we just started trying again in Oct. and I am already prego . We are super fertile and I get pregnant fast I just can't hold on to the baby.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 2:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2008