Moved the babies into the same bedroom today ....

And their nap time went well. They both laid down and slept with no problem, but as soon as one was up the other was. Which lead their nap time short. Tonight they are in there. Problem is, neither sleep all night long. The 2 1/2 yr old is up 3-5x a night ... and that was co-sleeping or him starting in his bed and ending up with me. And the 15m old is up 2x typically. I am alone with them, basically a single mother. I will be moving into a 2BR apt soon so this transition has to be done. Not looking forward to the nights ahead, because IDK what to do to get either of them to sleep all night. Have tried everything, but they just wake and don't soothe themself back to sleep. The baby is a little better than my older one, I can rock the baby a few minutes and lay him down and he is typically alright. But the older....ugh ....
Suggestions, thoughts, prayers, fingers crossed .... I'll take any of it right now.

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 7:49 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i think that if they like to be in bed with you, it won't be long before they transition into knowing that someone else is there with them and that being okay
    kittymeri

Answer by kittymeri at 9:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I think it will be a good transition.I think they wake up at night out of fear of being alone. Once they get used to the other in the room they might sleep all night.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• It will be hard the first week, and then it will be soooo much easier. Just hang in there and remember that it will get easier soon.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• If you've moved them into another room then keep at it, if you let them go back to co-sleeping the'll just get confused about bed time. If your children are old enough to understand you try talking them through it. If not then id try the super nanny tactic. Gogle suppernanny bed time to try to get a video of it, its veryhelpul but will tke a few dys of repatition to gt the kids to understand what's going on. Basically you do your normal bed time routine you know bath stores bed ect. Then you set them in bed kiss them goodnight and pick a spot on the floor near the door and sit down looking away from thechildren. There going to cry and try to gt out of bed. But if you stick to it they get the idea tha the room is safe but moms putting her foot down about bed time. Google a video there very helpful.
    Lakoia

Answer by Lakoia at 10:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2011