Typical chores your tween or teens do around the house?

Mine have been shoveling the walkway and steps, garbage, and laundry assistance. They also take in the groceries and put them away.

robinkane

Asked by robinkane at 7:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• My 13 yr old son, cleans bedroom, bathroom, shovels, rakes, dishes, sweep kitchen floor and wipe off table after meals, put food away after dinner (if there are leftovers), does his own laundry and handles the garbage!
    2boyz2pray4

Answer by 2boyz2pray4 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Clean their rooms, clean their bathrooms, empty and load the dishwasher, put groceries away.
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 9:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Keep his bedroom & gameroom clean & orderly. Empties & fills the dishwasher. Sets & clears the table. Shovels & salts the walkway & steps. Takes out the trash & recycling. Cleans up after the dogs outside. Feeds & gives water to the dogs. Helps with mowing the yard, weedwacks, & helps with the gardens (fencing, weeding, tilling, planting, harvesting, etc.). And pretty much anything else we may ask him to help with. He's a good kid.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I have a 7yo and a 5 yo that have to clean their rooms , pick up the bathroom upstairs , feed and water the cat and sometimes help me out here and there as I need them to... The 2yo is learning to do odd n end chores ;)
    AngryLittleLola

Answer by AngryLittleLola at 9:08 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My 9, 11, and 13 year old are responsible for dusting and vacuuming their own rooms once/week. They also each clean a bathroom (toilet and vanity, I still do the tubs), and take turns sweeping the kitchen every night. They do one load of laundry/week, take out the trash, load the dishwasher on their night, put away their own clothes (I fold them and put them on their dressers, except for their one load of laundry), and the11 year old mows the lawn (the 13 year old has autism)

Answer by missanc at 12:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My younger son is responsible to keep the living room picked up, dusting, vaccuming, picking up any trash that might have gotten left there, and vaccuming the couches. (Vacuuming every day and picking up the trash)
    My older son is responsible to take the trash out, wash and put away dishes, sweep and mop the kitchen floor and wipe down the counters. (Washing dishes and cleaning the counters every day)
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 12:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Our 3 help bring groceries in and we put them away. They rotate daily with one unloading dishwasher, one loading it, and the third having the night off. They each have to take a turn taking a dog out each day. They put their clothes away but we wash and fold them. When we moved into this house 1 1/2 years ago we also had them sweeping the floors each night (whoever didn't have dish duty got to sweep) but for some reason that fell to the wayside. They should be doing a whole lot more but everything is an argument, especially with the 14 yo boy, that it's easier to do it ourselves. I know we aren't doing them any favours this way and I'm all for giving them more to do, if I could just get dad to back me up on it.
    Meeshelle08

Answer by Meeshelle08 at 1:11 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My 13 year old does his own laundry, keeps his room, bathroom clean, takes out trash, dusts & vacuums in game room (he's the one that uses it); helps out with yard work and brings groceries in.
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 11:41 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• As teens in 7th-12th grades my sons were busy with school, sports, drama, volunteering and school clubs & work starting the summer in between the 10th-11th grades so they just had letting the dogs out before school & before bed and helping with kitchen cleanup (dishes, trash, washing the counters & table, sweeping the floor, etc.) after supper. They also did laundry if they needed anything extra washed, helped bring groceries in when we went major shopping, cleaned up after themselvs when they made messes & kept their rooms clean. Being a SAHM I did the bulk of the chores because I was the one home. It always seemed pointless to wait until they got home to do chores that I had all day to do.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 11:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• clean their room, vacuum, fold clothes, unload groceries from car, put refrigerator groceries away, take out the trash, feed and walk the dog.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 6:15 PM on Feb. 5, 2011