Why can you get an american person when you call Sprint or aol on the weekend?

savannahnhi

Asked by savannahnhi at 10:08 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Money & Work

• Because EVERYTHING is outsourced to India.
    Anonymous

• I was so mad today. I called to sprint; i could not even understand her!!
    savannahnhi

Answer by savannahnhi at 10:19 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I've had that happen a zillion times and I get frustrated when they can't understand my question. If you ask to speak to someone that can speak better English, they connect you to London
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 10:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• You know i think they do that so you cant understand what they are saying so you wont want to call again. That or they can talk you into something you dont want because every time they talk you cant understand it.
    Its in my mind an extra way to scam people.
    youngarmywife

Answer by youngarmywife at 10:59 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I tried to get something put on my plan that they took off without telling me or my husband. Then when they said it was done and it was back they were sorry blah blah blah we got bill for $200 because they put a ton of crap on our plan that we didnt want then we were told that no matter what we said we had to pay $180 of it because we had to pay for what we used.
    We never used the internet on our phone but we could have.
    youngarmywife

Answer by youngarmywife at 11:04 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• that is a very good question!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 11:07 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• They contract out to individuals in the US to work "off hours" those are hours that the offices in India or where ever are closed. Insurance companies do that too.
    Oh and a side note. Doctors and Hospitals are outsourcing thier coding and billing. Please ask your doctor if they do this. Other countries do not have to abide by our privacy laws. Sorry to hijack the question.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2008