I highlighted my hair and HATE IT

I haven't died my hair in YEARS and decided that highlights would look good. First mistake as buying a box in store with cap. I should've bought the brush on b/c I have long hair. Anyway, I decided it looks like crap and I just wanna go back to natural color and leave dying alone until I go gray, hopefully a long time from now. I highlighted it Thursday, can I dye it tomorrow without burning my hair out of my head?

huntin_mama

Asked by huntin_mama at 8:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• You are supposed to wait 2 weeks, but I have done it two days later before because I dyed my hair ORANGE on accident. Just make sure you don't leave it on any longer than you are supposed to and don't do a bleach based one because it will fry your hair.
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 4:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I would honestly put one shade lighter than your natural all over. It will give it depth while covering up what you don't like. It should have a cool tonal effect. Be careful if your highlights are white and fried. If that's the case...any color you put on your hair will have a greyish tone to it. I would use a warmer shade that matches your skin tone. For box colors...go with Loreal. It is by far the best next to professional colors.
    mamastyles

Answer by mamastyles at 3:48 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I would go to a salon and ask them to fix it. I know it is more expensive than a box but they're the experts. I guess it will be an expensive lesson.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 10:28 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I do not have the money to do that. I am absolutely down to NOTHING and start a new job next week so dont want to look like this.
    huntin_mama

Comment by huntin_mama (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• It really depends on the condition of your hair. Choose a color close to your natural shade and use a brand that has no amonia. I like loreal, Healthy Look Creme Color Gloss.
    Anonymous

• Pull it up or back until it grows out or you can afford to get it fixed.
    Anonymous