Does age really matter?

I am a 44 yr old female and my bofriend is 56. I have two daughters that are 13 and 8. there is no issues with him not being liked by my kids and my kids adore him. his kids love all of us and have wrote me lovely emails on how happy they are that their father is happy with the girls and I. However when i talk to certain ppl they ask me how old he is and i dont wanna say because of the remarks i have gotten in the past. to me its just a number and long as he loves me and the girls thats all that matters. what do i tell people when i am asked?

Teresa2266

Asked by Teresa2266 at 8:17 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• If sex isn't important to you then age won't matter. Men his age are usually starting to not be able to get or stay hard.
    Anonymous

• I agree it is just a number and if you are happy and he loves you and treats you well then I would just not care what people say!

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• No, IMO age doesn't matter at all. That's not a seriously drastic age difference,either. It's bigger than most people have, but so long as you care about each other, your kids like him, and you're compatible, don't stress about what other people think. It's none of their business anyway.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• tell them the turth who cars what ppl thnk if u guys are in love then it doesnt matter. u guys are both adult over 30 so i think ppl dont look at it like ur 20 dateing a 50 year old. my grandparents are like 10 years a part and i dont think anyone questions thier age difference . U love him n his family and he loves u n ur family . thats all that matter. and if someone doesnt argee then maybe they dont care enough and shouldnt be in ur life anyways
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 8:22 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• No....not at that age....I was 18 and in a serious relationship with a 26 year old...things didnt work out but not because of age.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 8:25 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• as long as you are both adults no i don't think it matters.
    kittymeri

Answer by kittymeri at 8:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• lol mines 19 yrs older than me. So your good!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 8:49 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• i have always been age is just a number as long as its legal. whenu love someoine and they love u back dont let anyone get in the way of happiness
    babyboo261975

Answer by babyboo261975 at 9:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I have the same age difference with my husband. I just say my husband is a perverted old man . Age isn't that big of a deal don't let people make you feel bad its really none of their business.
    mamatel

Answer by mamatel at 9:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• do you love him? he loves you? your kids love him? ok. 'nuff said. Age doesn't matter. its a maturity level anyway. its not their business. if it was me, id reply with "thats for me to know, but I can tell you things get better with age" then raise your eyebrows up and down. that'll make them shut up.
    OurHeartsAwait

Answer by OurHeartsAwait at 9:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2011