is it normal for my 18 month old to tip toe alot

when hes around the house without shoes on he tip toes when he walks and it doesn't matter weather hes home or anywhere he will do it but not all the time.

jordansmomma502

Asked by jordansmomma502 at 8:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Normal. All of my kids have done it at some point, my 15 yr old brother still does it sometimes.
    MrsNewman

Answer by MrsNewman at 8:25 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Omg yes! my almost two year old started doing that around 16 months and thats all he does now =)
    Littleguysmommy

Answer by Littleguysmommy at 8:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Yes, it is.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Yeah that's normal.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Yes, it's normal. My son does that too, and I was told that I did it a lot when I was little too. The doctor may be some concerns if they do it all or most of the time, but I think it's quite normal to do it a little bit here and there throughout the day.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• i did it all the time too and in fact even as an adult i still find myself doing it once in awhile, my sister did it and so does my son....i think its so cute to be honest
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 8:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• As others have said, totally normal. I even catch myself doing it, but I don't know why I do, lol.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 8:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• My oldest was the only one of my children to walk like that. Her legs are some of the strongest for a 6 year old.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• all i know is it is not good for their tendens it can really mess the kids feet up bad
    mnb06

Answer by mnb06 at 12:58 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• my sister is a pediatrician. if he does it some of the time it's okay but if he doesnt stop u might need to tell the doctor because his tendon cords could be too tight and they would have to operate to fix it.
    RyleesMama09

Answer by RyleesMama09 at 2:52 AM on Feb. 7, 2011