Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Frustrated adult content

I turned 25. I am a single parent. I work hard never call off. I am separated from my husband but not legally he refuses to give me a divorce and have seen him in 4 years since our wedding day. I don't have the money to get a divorce. The elderly home is about to kick my dad out the nursing home cause he doesn't approve for medicare or medicaid because he is still married to a women who is sleeping with my dads first cousin. She refuses a divorce and is claiming him on her tax though he hasn't lived with her since she put a restraining order on him 6 yrs ago. I he is about to live with me and my son in an one bedroom apartment. I can't afford to stay home full time and get paid. He needs medical supervision at all times :( he has MS and only one side of his body works but just barely. He also has diabetes :( I am scared and alone with no help and need to vent. I don't have any friends or family that I can turn to, to just talk and listen to me. I just needed to talked to someone. I have more bigger issues but I blocked those issues out for now till I can handle the more current issues. I am trying to put a smile on but it's been hard. THANK YOU FOR LISTENING :) and I apologize that this isn't a question :(

Answer Question

Asked by christinkie at 8:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

Level 14 (1,735 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • Go to legal aid and get your divorce and one for your dad.

    Answer by admckenzie at 8:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

  • I'm sorry your having this issues on top of all your other issues. i wish there was some info i can give you to help you out but unfortunately i don't. I hope everything works out for the best. and don't get upset or stressed too much everything will be just fine, you'll see. Good luck.       



    Answer by Christieluv0614 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

  • Get on your knees and pray. God can help you, he wants to help you, you just gotta ask.

    Answer by mamatel at 9:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

  • My heart goes out to you. I .will keep u in prayer

    Answer by Proverbs_31 at 9:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

  • All I can say is that you're a strong person & obviously a great daughter! You're doing the best you can for you & your family and that's all you can do. I believe that God takes care of the good people in this world. Maybe not right away...but someday. Definitely get all the paperwork (divorce stuff) taken care of for you and your dad so you can move on and put that little hurdle in the road behind you. One less thing to worry about ya know?. Just remember: Believe that you are bigger than your difficulties, for you are indeed. Good luck & take care :)


    Answer by Vlex at 10:03 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

  • See if you can get any help from Job and Family Services. And, by all means, get those divorces taken care of.

    Answer by HotMama330 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.