What is a good list of things to take to the hospital, is there anything you didnt bring and wish someone had told you to, or anything you brought and really didnt need.

CEGrissim

Asked by CEGrissim at 8:22 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• For both my deliveries 60% of what I brought I did not need. This time I am bringing: Snacks for hubby, hard candies to suck on, pjs, extra bad socks, clothes to go home in, toiletries, clothes for baby, car seat, pads, nursing pads, stool softners, vitamins, baby book, camera, and computer.

I brought books to read, games to play, stuff to keep me preoccupied and I didn't use any of it. I didn't use the boppy, or back massagers. I brought my hubby and my mom and my labor wasn't that bad and when I was in the labor process I wasn't think straight anyway.

Good luck!! And what ever you forget your dh or someone can bring it to the hospital for you.
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 9:03 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Bring your own pads unless you like diapers for the ride home. I lived in my pajamas and bathrobe. I'll also say, leave the excercise ball at home. They have one there, and honestly once things get going it doesn't get used(me and my friends all experienced that one!).
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:26 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• nursing pads. No one mentioned that to me, and the hospital didn't provide them. I leaked through at least two hospital gowns..
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:23 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I took everything! i soo overpacked! i took my hair striaghtner which i never used because i was soo tired the whole time i was there! lol Bring slippers! =)
    Littleguysmommy

Answer by Littleguysmommy at 8:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• pjs, pads, nursing pads, boppy pillow, toiletries, bathrobe, slippers,
    logansmama

Answer by logansmama at 8:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• You have to bring slippers. The floors in Hospitals are a bacteria breeding ground & you don't want to bring anything home with an infant.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:30 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• The most important thing I packed was snacks... being up most of the night in the hospital nursing and no food around, I was happy to have a drawer full of snacks =) Things I didn't really need was pjs, I wore the hospital gown and a robe from home. Good socks and slippers to walk around too. And the nursing book I had was a great help. Also, phone numbers and a cell phone charger!

I never heard of requiring baby clothes in packages, doesn't make sense since you'd want to wash anything the baby will be wearing first, right?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I really like to be clean and smelling good, and i love lotion, i stocked up on lotion and soap and come to find out they actually say not to use anything smelly, just dove soap and thats it because you want your baby to get used to your smell, so there went that, nursing pads, regular period pads a couple cloth diapers, a couple onies, a blanket and a take home outfit for baby. (if you have a natural birth take advantage of their ice packs that go "down there" youll never know bliss until you use them! Grab a bunch, hide a few ask for more, hide a few more, use one and than ask for more,,,they are stingy with those ice packs and it provides such relief!!
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 8:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Bring your baby book so when they do foot print you can have them put it on the inside cover that was the best thing I did :)
    s_toman7

Answer by s_toman7 at 9:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Make sure whatever you bring for the baby isn't opened yet. I packed his bags, and took things out of the packages to save room, then I found out everything for him had to be in sealed unopened packages (luckily I was able to re-pack before going to the hospital).
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 8:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2011