what do i do in a situation like this stressed:( (*vent )

so this morning started like every other morning got the girls up,got them ready for school
there first day back because we were out of town since Friday..OK so i get to the drop off area and let them out of the car my oldest got out the car,my youngest on the other hand started crying and screaming saying"mommy please don't make me go,i don't wanna go to school shes going to kill me..i mean she cried so much that her eyes had bags under them now some of you might think she is being dramatic well that's not true last Thursday she got into an altercation with a bully (look at my other post for more info on that) shes been wetting the bed,she has been quit,she doesn't want to eat, and shes just really been going threw it so back to the story..OK so i told her i would come back up to the school at lunch to talk to the principal but i had a meeting and i really needed to get to work by this time 30 minutes had already past and she was not getting out of the car,so i said forget it i will just bring her back to school after the meeting,that way i can talk to the teacher so i took her to my job with me,omw to work i called the office to set up an appointment with the principal,teacher and the girls parents,but they told me he wouldn't be able to meet with us until next Thursday.. after my meeting at work was over my husband(her dad)surprised me at work,(he had no idea on what was going on) and he asked"Why aren't you at school"So i explained to him the situation and he immediately goes in to daddy def-fence mode!and he demands that we go in to the office even tho they said the principal wasn't seeing anyone all week, well when we get there after waiting a hour the principal finally see"s us and we explain to him whats been going on and that we would like to schedule a conference with the girl and her mom so we could get to the bottom of this,well he calls the girls mom on the phone and he tells her we would like to have a conference and she says"well i have things to do..
and he says well the conference wont be more than an hour long, and she says"well OK if i feel like it"(with an attitude) and she hangs up
at this time im frustrated my husband is furious so he tells the principal to tell the girls mother:We wanted settle this incident with her parent and if she"s not sure she"ll feel like coming to the meeting then we"ll take it to the police because our child is afraid to come to school..
once the principle called her mom and told her what my husband said the lady then changes her attitude and says she will come to the meeting
OK so after that we walk my daughter to her class and let her know everything is gonna be alright but she starts crying and screaming again i had to be back at work by a certain time and i didn't want her to miss anymore school so my husband told her he would stay the whole day with her at school
so when they get home from school today i told her:daddy isn't going to be able to go to school with you tomorrow but i"ll walk you to your class and she just starts screaming and crying again a hour ago i got a call from my mom and she tells me that Kaylonnie(my daughter)called her and asked her if she could come to school with her tomorrow because someone wants to kill her now my mom is stressed out and she plans on going to my daughters school tomorrow with her...
ugg i dont know what to do the meeting isn't until next week,i cant keep her out of school any more because she was out for 2 days this week and 1 day last week and i don't want to keep letting people go to school with her but what can i do?? because she doesn't feel safe in the same room as the little girl

vent overr(

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 8:23 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• Oh my goodness that is horrible! Did the principal not take that little girl in the office and talk to her??? Don't you have an anti bullying law in your school??? What did the principal say when he knew your daughter didn't want to go to school?? My best advice is to call the superintendent of your school district and tell them the situation, ask them what your options are, because you can't keep going through this and neither can your daughter. Good Luck.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 8:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• @kitchenwitch78 thanks the principal really seemed like he didn't care at all i asked him could he bring the girl in his office and he said he wasn't allowed to have me and my husband in the room while he"s talking to another student to me that seemed like bull crap and i told him about my daughter and her not wanting to go to school and he says that if i refuse to send her to school were going to get a ticket and he basically missed my point they will be switching schools really soon,because this isn't the first time something like this happened last school year my daughter was rushed to the hospital because 3 third graders decided they wanted to jump my daughter and my niece and they were only in kindergarten
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 8:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I believe you can set up homework contracts if ur child is going to out of school for an extended period of time. You'd just have to set it up with the teacher/school. I don't see why she can't be moved to a different classroom if u want to continue sending her to school. maybe ur older daughter could kinda watch out for her during recess or whatever and maybe hang out with her? You're little girl sounds petrified. Maybe you could call ur police department and see how best to handle it. Poor kid she seems miserable and scared.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 8:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Since this is not a big deal to the principal or this other girl's mother the only thing I can suggest is to take it over the principals head. This is part of his job and if your husband had not gone up there he would apparently not have talked to you at all. Also the girl's mother needs to get her head out of her butt really fast. I cannot imagine a call from the school about bullying and her response is 'if I feel like it.' That is total b.s. and I'm not sure which is worse, that she is getting away with it or that the principal wants to wait a week to deal with a problem like this.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 8:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• @istealcookies that would be great if my older daughter could watch over her but my 6 year old being in first grade and my oldest is in third they have different recess and lunches i"ll look into the homework contracts though that sounds like a good idea just untill i find her a new school
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 8:40 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I just read ur other post above. OMG! You need to change schools. What the h*&% ! Kids sending kids to hospitals? Oh wow I'd be more than livid.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 8:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• @wildflowers25 i agree and Ive decided to take it to the police at first i was going to see if her mother could handle it but my when my daughter got home she calls my mom,and then she calls my 10 year old niece and asked her can she come up to the school because a girl keeps messing with her..shes terrified and i can see the girls mother isn't going to do much,so yes im taking it to the cops
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 8:44 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• @istealcookies yes i really want to switch there schools but that is the only school close to my job im thinking about sending them to school with my nieces but that's way across town
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• There is something you might want to try, did you try talking to the school councellor? The principal does alot of stuff but when it comes to student to student social contact the school counciler might be the way to go. I had a bully in school who went to the extent of calling the police on me saying i paid 4 guys to rape and beat her (i was 14, no job, no money, let alone enough courage to talk to older senior guys) in the end the police said he figured it was nothing and left. My point of the story is i know where your daughter is coming from. At this point, talk to the councilor, tell her that your daughter is afraid to go to school and keeps saying that this girl is threatening her. At that point it is the councilor's RESPONSIBILtY to make a report and try and fix this situation, talking to the girl, talking to her mother and even calling the police herself. No one takes this lightly anymore, and they have an ethical duty
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 8:45 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• if the counciler does not do anything, than yes call the police and if nothing happens, change schools
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 8:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2011