Would it make you a little sad if your parents never were affectionate or made a big deal about you when you were younger but treat your kids very lovingly? I'm going through this and feel a little hurt,but am very happy they treat my son so well.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Just for Fun

• They could be trying to make up for not giving you the love and attention you needed when you where young. Or it could be that they feel they can be Grandparents....which has it's benefits...they can send their grandson back home at any time. :O) I'm sure it's hurtful. I'm sorry.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Well my dads the same way...I mean he didn't give a flying F when I was a kid. But now Unitys here and he SPOILS her rotten. Lol. I guess its good, ..I mean I turned out fine..I hope she does too? Lol.
    Maecherie

Answer by Maecherie at 10:49 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• People also change as they get older. They loosen up and aren't terrified of showing emotion. They have more time to play and less worries weighing them down.

Would I be sad? Yes. I would wish that I had parent's who played with me and were fun to be around. But like you, I'd be grateful that my children have fun grandparents.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:21 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• my parents where never there fr me when i was young they got divorced both remarried and had kids yes it is kind of hurtfull when you see them treating your 1/2 brothers so much better i am glad they are better parents to them but in the back of my mind i always wonder if i would have the treatment they have if i wouldnt of had so many self esteem issues and trust issues when i was young or did it help me be a better mom? me and my bros are 20 yrs apart and yes i do still get a little hurt, so dont feel bad i think its normal to feel that way no matter how old you are
    sdeignan

Answer by sdeignan at 10:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2008