women who have tats they dont like

so i got half a sleeve and i kinda let the tattoo guy do his work. He did the outline first and the next day i came back for the rest. I love the underside of the tattoo, i just hate the top of it, because it has a flower and three 4 nautical stars and sees random. Does anyone have any ideas of some things i can do to make it look better. The underside has two flwoers,one with a spider. the web stretches all the way around. when he did the outline, i thought the stars were like simple flowers or something, and i didn't pay much attention.now that its done i hate it and want to cry. My boyfriend is also mad at me for getting a sleeve. I'm so upset right now and feel alone in general aside from this issue...i feel like an idiot, like why did i get this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Health

• if you just got it, go back to the guy that you got it from and talk to him about it. They back their work and want their customers to be happy. He may be able to fix it for you for free. Just go in there with an idea about what you're wanting to change, the worst thing he can do is tell you he can't help you - and if that's the case, let it heal up and go to someone else for a cover up job. Ugly tattoos aren't the end of the world!! It might suck right now, but it'll be okay.
    hippomom1919

Answer by hippomom1919 at 8:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• thanks, im just having a really bad day/week already and this was supposed to be my stress relief and it's made me more stressed that i was before i got it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I'm just wondering why you would let someone have free reign on something that you have to live with for the rest of your life (not bashing just wondering) I agree with hippomom, it's not the end of the world, let it heal and go back to him and ask him if he can fix it to your liking.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 8:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• it takes a long time to get a detailed tattoo, and if you can't see what the artist is doing 100% of the time, there is a margin for error. I have a tattoo on my shoulder I wish I had been able to keep a better eye on, sometimes the tattoo artist takes their 'artistic license' a little too far. It looked great in the mirror when he did the stencil, but when I saw the final product, it was too late to go back and I was too frustrated with it to bother fixing it. It still looks good if you didn't know what it was exactly supposed to look like! haha that's the only plus.
    If you don't feel comfortable going back to the same guy, give it time to heal up and look for someone who specializes in cover-up tattoos.
    hippomom1919

Answer by hippomom1919 at 9:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2011