Great. Braxton Hicks already and i'm only 25 weeks. That makes me wonder...I heard you usually give birth earlier with each child...

is this generally true or a myth?? And where the heck would you find the answer to that lol. I had my first son when i was 18 and he tried to come 6 weeks early but two trips to the ER to stop contractions held him until 3 weeks early. My second was only 2 weeks early but I was very unhealthy and sick with him

Ethans_Ma

Asked by Ethans_Ma at 8:34 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• So far with my 4 pregnancies, I've felt the contractions the most with this one.  It's been constant for months.  Delivering early, didn't happen in my case.  My first child was born at 39 weeks, my 2nd child was born on the exact day I was 37 weeks, and my 3rd child was born on the exact day that I turned 40 weeks.  I think it just depends.  I'm sorry that your hurting, hugs for you!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• braxton hicks have zero to do with when you will go into labor
    kittymeri

Answer by kittymeri at 8:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• My first was 4 weeks early and my second was over 3 weeks late.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:34 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I think it really depends on the pregnancy. I had BHs throughout mine as well and I had to be induced. It was mainly because I was doing too much and not drinking enough water. So maybe when you start having them, try to put your feet up and drink some water :o) Hope that helps!
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 8:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I had mine earlier and earlier. DS1 was a due date kid. DD was a week early. DS2 was 2 weeks early.

I know plenty of people who had their kids later than the first, on their due dates a second time, or early. One of my SIL had her first 2 on their due dates. The third was 5 days late, which was good because they were having blizzards in the Israeli desert and the army would have had to helicopter her to the nearest hospital (1.5 hr drive away.)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• They are not always a bad thing, my pregnancy group talked about them, the midwife leading the group said to rest for a while (2 hours if you are really concerned) and if they dont go away to call your doctor. As for each child coming earlier I sure hope not because my FB was on the edge of being premature.
    CEGrissim

Answer by CEGrissim at 8:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• they just seem to make my back hurt bad and my stomach sore. it hurts to laugh at my 2 year old, and it's hard not to! lol
    Ethans_Ma

Comment by Ethans_Ma (original poster) at 8:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I am pregnant with my 5th child. My first came at 42 weeks, 2nd at 38, 3rd at 38, and 4th at 36 and 5 days. I felt braxton hicks sooner and sooner with each pregnancy also. I have been feeling mine since 15 weeks. I am 23 weeks pregnant. Resting on your left side, emptying your bladder, and drinking lots of water can help reduce them. If you have more than 6 in an hr call your OB.
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 9:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2011