UTI and TTC

Hi! I was wondering if any of you have ever had a UTI while TTC. Did effect you at all? I'm waiting to ovulate and have a UTI. I'm on CD 14. Do you think it would mess with OPKs?

BeautyFromPain

Asked by BeautyFromPain at 8:44 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• if you are prone to UTI's you can take probiotics which is good for your whole body as well as urinary and intestinal tract. this kills any bad germs or bacteria naturally, and is perfectly safe ALL THE TIME.
    babysam0506

Answer by babysam0506 at 1:52 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I am not sure whether it would mess your results on a OPK but I would be concerned with your pregnancy should you become pregnant and having a UTI. Are you being treated for the infection? Reason being, I recently m/c 4 weeks ago and I was having some irritation and of course frequent urination (as I was pregnant) and am now having a second urinalysis done to see if I have an infection. My healthcare provider says that if I do have an infection (and I did, in fact, have one while pregnant) that could've caused my m/c. Make sure you get treated. You just don't want a possible factor interfering with the health of your pregnancy should you become pregnant this cycle. Good luck!
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 11:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Yes i am taking over the counter medicine for it which seems to be helping! I am prone to them for some reason and I'm a clean person.
    I'm so sorry for your loss!!! Hope you get some answers soon!
    BeautyFromPain

Comment by BeautyFromPain (original poster) at 11:06 PM on Feb. 2, 2011