so sore

I joined golds gym and I went yesterday and today but I'm sore as hell all through my upper legs and my upper gut. SO sore that I cant even do a squat is this normal and do you think maybe I need to not overdo it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Health

• It is normal because you are using muscles that you haven't been using. After about a week, you should be ok.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• okay and just one other question which helps more a nice cold shower or a hot one? Would cold make it hurt more? SOmeone said to trry it but I dont wanna hurt more than I already do
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• a warm shower should work, and you might be sore but you should never hurt, if you hurt you did something wrong or you over done it. I was told when I joined the gym, you work out and you should know in the morning that you worked out, not feel like you are dying.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• okay ya then I think I need to tone it down a bit
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:50 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• heat helps and you need to exercise every other day. Take a day in between to let your muscles repair themselves. it is normal to hurt like that but it will get easier as you go on

Answer by admckenzie at 8:50 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• okay good advice lol I'm so desperate to get slim!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Hot showers help a bit. Does your golds have a sauna? After an intense work out I go in there to help loosen the muscles before going outside in the cold.
    elizabooks

Answer by elizabooks at 9:20 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Check out Alkalete ~ http://www.blastforfun.com/ ~ helps with muscles soreness/stiffness after workouts and so much more.  It is all natural too.  I have been taking it for a while now and it has helped greatly with my workouts.  Definitely worth checking out ~ there is also a Free Trial going on right now.

jekrmom

Answer by jekrmom at 8:03 AM on Mar. 28, 2011