38 wks pregnant,, and i feel as if im leaking(no big gush). but i feel alot of pressure and soome contractions but they dont seem to be regular....should i goo to l&d or jsut wait and see...

This is baby #4 and with the other 3 labor has always had to be induced

dinive-mommy

Asked by dinive-mommy at 8:49 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• call your dr it could just be the baby pressing on ur bladder
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 8:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Maybe your water broke, call Labor & Delivery

Answer by admckenzie at 8:53 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• If your water broke you still have alittle bit of time, if you can fill up pads with a clear odorless fluid and need to change them fruquently youll know your water broke (mind you this was the advice of a friend whose water broke when i thought mine had broken). Id wait till their regular contractions, 5 minutes apart all that jazz...you will definitely know
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 8:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• when my water broke it was just a little leak
    SweetMiss

Answer by SweetMiss at 9:03 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• If at anytime you are concerned call labor and delivery and they can help you determine when to go in.

Good Luck!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 9:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• since ur so far along i'd say it was ur pressure on ur bladder. Never hurts to get checked out though. it just takes a few minutes for them to check the fluid.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 9:10 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I would stay home for now. Rest and relax, if it is labor you will know it. If it goes past 12 hours and you still think you are leaking call your doc then.

If you rush to the hospital now, they will check you and then the timer starts and the hospital will want you to deliver within 24 hours and will push for an induction.

Just relax. I had two inductions too, so I as nervous that I wouldn't know what real labor was, but I did. And had a completely natural labor with the third baby. It was wonderful and very easy.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Go in. Your water doesnt always gush, it can be a small trickle to an occasional leak. And just because you are not regualerly contrating does not mean you have time to hang out at home either. My water broke with one of mine and I waited 30 mins, got to the hospital, wass 6cm, and had her an hr and a half later. Labor is NOT always 12 hrs. Sometimes it goes really fast. Go in. Worst case scenario they send ya home.
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 9:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Definitely call your doctor-- they will probably have you go in. Good luck!
    kayteebug93

Answer by kayteebug93 at 9:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Wait until your contractions are regular and 5 minutes apart. Otherwise, you will risk getting the pitocin and the possibility of a c-section.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2011