Zumba???

i heard of zumba this new exercise and classes in my area... not to sure about the class but was wondering if anyone knew anythign about it and if its safe for a pregnant woman to attend??

rachaelcc

Asked by rachaelcc at 8:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• never heard of it sorry, here's a bump!
    kittymeri

Answer by kittymeri at 8:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Zumba is a lot of fun. It's pretty much a dancing workout. I'm not sure if it's safe for pregnant women. If your in your 1st trimester you should be fine...just keep yourself hydrated. When you get a bigger belly it may be hard to do it. If you want to get a better idea of what it is go to youtube.com and search for zumba. There are all kinds of videos. =) Have fun!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 9:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I'm pregnant and I do it. Just can't do it as activly as the rest. I just pace myself and take it slow. I rrally love it and it helps me to feel sexy even though I'm getting bigger.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:18 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• what is it
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:13 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Definitely not safe for a pregnant woman. Also avoid yoga. No super sweaty exercise at all.
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 7:11 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• http://www.zumba.com/us/about/

Its a latin dance form used for cardio and workouts. If interested,there is a Zumba class mixed in with Curves circuit training at Curves. Its a little less stressful doing it that way.

guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 3:37 PM on Feb. 7, 2011