Itchiness on 4 mths baby

Hi
I have a 4 mths baby and she has itchiness an redness under her neck and her cheeks..her neck area and cheeks are always red..we went to the dermatologist and pediatrician..we used nystatin, cerave moisturizer, aquafor,zinc oxide but so far nothing works..i am hesitant to use cortizone on her..i also used aveeno oat powder in her bath. i know it is a common condition in babies as they tend to have dry skin.

are there any recommendations from anyone (type of cream etc)..she only wears cotton outfits.

thanks

rah20

Asked by rah20 at 8:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what kind of detergent are you using? Alot of skin rashes and that stuff can be the deteregent. Especially if she has senstive skin.
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 8:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• If your not using dreft try it...I never had issues with my other 2 kids when I used that
    michellesgirls2

Answer by michellesgirls2 at 9:06 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I used Dreft detergent..I have taken every precaution I know of as my first daughter also had problems with her skin when she was a baby..she is now 4.5 years old. Has anyone used calamine lotion on 4 mths baby? i am tempted to use that to prevent the itchiness but i am hesitant as the baby scratches herself and put her hands in her mouth.
    rah20

Comment by rah20 (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Aquaphor worked for us, I put it on when my baby's skin was still wet after his bath.

Dreft is probably the best detergent, and maybe use an extra rinse cycle on her clothes.

My son was about 5 or 6 months before his redness went away.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 9:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Aquaphor and a hydrocortizone cream works for us. I only use the hyrdrocortizone cream until the rash is cleared, but I will use the Aquaphor for awhile longer. I would also try a clear and free detergent and not use fabric softener or dryer sheets.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:58 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Does you baby drool yet? My dd is 4 months old and drools ALOT. Because of the wetness; her chest, cheeks, and neck or red and a little rashy. It's the wonderful world of babies.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• if its eczema I would use hydrocortisone sparingly...but if not, try switching your laundry detergent to Ivory it has less irritants
    EminBC

Answer by EminBC at 12:05 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Stop using all of those chemical, and get a jar of coconut oil

Answer by rkoloms at 6:17 AM on Feb. 3, 2011