Husband/SO ever tell you how to breastfeed?

My husband actually took the baby from me and repositioned him (In the wrong position) and tried to put my nipple in the baby's mouth. It ended up choking him and he had a coughing fit. I was so pissed. I know perfectly well how to get my baby to latch on and nurse. He just gets a little excited when he sees my boobie and he gets frustrated quickly cuz he wants it so bad. I finally told him to back off and let me do it and my little guy calmed down and nursed for an hour. Anyone else have a husband that butts in???

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 10:13 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Just for Fun

• oh jeez I would FLIP!!!! He can advise me on some things but my own boobs and how to work them??? I think not!
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 3:26 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Mine used too lol
    koolest_mom_of4

Answer by koolest_mom_of4 at 10:18 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I actually LOL'ed a bit here b/c it's cute how he thinks he knows more than you do. Maybe he learned his lesson to let you do it. At least your husband doesn't compare you breastfeeding to him milking his cows. ;-)
    stefanierios

Answer by stefanierios at 10:18 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• My husband once said you probably don't have any milk. I said really is that why he has drool of milk coming out of the side of his mouth. lol
    Alma_C

Answer by Alma_C at 10:55 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• i'm not surprised at all! i figured he'd be in on it......just in a different way!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 7:31 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Mine would know he'd be dead if he tried doing that! lol I take bf'ing very seriously and did it before when he was deployed so he knows not to act like he knows more. lol
    kristinlimon

Answer by kristinlimon at 8:25 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• My husband was very helpful when I nursed my first one, because we had taken a breastfeeding class together and I was very nervous during those first few weeks. I had a hard time remembering what I was supposed to do, and it didn't come natural to me at first so it was good that my husband was able to remember what the LC had said and explain it to me.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:35 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• My hubby actually helped me quite a bit. He had spoken to the nursing specialist after my Monkey was born and moved the baby around till he was in the right position. I had a c-section and am overweight so I couldn't use the "traditional" nursing position. Hubby helped me find the right position by physically moving the baby around until we were both comfortable.
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 8:54 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• my dh helped me prepair for feedings after my c-section and it was like only for a month. He was great.
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 9:11 AM on Nov. 16, 2008