I found a couple of lumps in my breast, could this be because I am breast feeding or is it what I think it is?

My baby is 7 months old, and I am still breast feeding. Could this just be dried milk or clogged ducts. It feels like a couple of bumps in a row. Im gonna call the Dr. in the morning but I just want to see if anyone knows what this might be.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Health

• I would lean towards clogged ducts. But calling your doctor would be the best plan of action.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:17 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• It could be anything. I have cysts in each breast and I am not breastfeeding. It could be from your menstral cycle..whether you get your period or not. If you can move the cyst back and forth then its justt a cyst. If its hard and doesnt move then Id worry. But just call the dr like you said and gl =)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:17 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Agree with moms above. Could be clogged ducts but since you do have a bad feeling, you should definately get it checked out ASAP.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I would think it is clogged ducts, but to set your mind at ease, you should call your doctor. Good luck and I hope everything turns out okay!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:23 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• i was told if it is clogged ducts to use a warm cloth and soak for 15 mins to open then use a comb and gently run the comb in a down ward motion this should unclogg the ducts you will see a slight discolor at first this is the clogged milk coming out then you should get the usual cream or white color of your milk. Try this but still make the call to your doctors nurse to see if they want you to come in.
    Mommabearofone

Answer by Mommabearofone at 10:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2011