Same sex marriage

I need help friends! I'm setting up a meeting with the Chickasaw Tribal Governor, and I need all the info I can get about same sex marriage. If I can't legalize it in Oklahoma maybe I can make it recognizable in the Chickasaw nation. So basically what I'm asking of you is do a little homework about same sex marriage in not only indian tribes but in other racial situations. I've done a lot of research and have came up with quite a bit, but every word counts here friends. If I can get him to atleast recognize it then I might be able to get my baby girl back in my custody. If you find out any info plz post it and the website you found it on jus incase he thinks it's made up I can have him pull up the website and he can read it himself. I'm begging you friends plz help me and my fiance out. Plz.

shellbi19

Asked by shellbi19 at 9:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• plz help us out!!!
    metalmommy2006

Answer by metalmommy2006 at 9:45 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Ill do the best I can!!!

I dont mean to pry...but your child was takin away because of your sexuality?!! That is BS! (not saying she was but thats what i got from the post)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:48 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• No she was from my fiances previous marriage n when he kicked her out in the dead of winter with no where to go she left her there so she would be safe n wouldn't get sick. Well he didn't want her so he pawned her off on his mom n dad n now they are fighting us for custody bc we are a lesbian couple. He said in court that he doesn't want her but he doesn't want my fiance to have her either.
    shellbi19

Comment by shellbi19 (original poster) at 9:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Again...Ill do what ever research I can. But Im sorry you are dealing with this. As her mother it shouldnt matter who she is with. I know ppl in the town where I live and the mother has custody even though her current bf is a convict! Its discusting how things work. And for her to have to justify anything other than her parenting ability is just insane. Best wishes!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:58 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Yea 2 yrs ago judge ordered her to take CPR, First-Aid and parenting classes jus so she can have unsuporvised visitation. The dad didn't have to do anything and he gets unsuporvised visitations all the time and over night visitations. The thing that gets my blood boiling the most is he has been arrested on multiple occasions for DUI and nothing has ever been done about it he jus gets a ticket and thats it. I think its so unfair that she has to do all this to jus get visitations and he gets them whenever he wants and isn't required to do anything.
    shellbi19

Comment by shellbi19 (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• And when she actually gets a visitation it has to be at the grandparents home and they can end the visitation whenever they please she hasn't gotten an unsuporvised visit with her daughter in over 2 yrs.
    shellbi19

Comment by shellbi19 (original poster) at 10:24 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I really like procon.org if you haven't been there. They list pros and cons of common controversial debates, often with court cases, quotes, general history and dates, etc. Even though they also list the so-called 'cons' of gay marriage, these could help you prepare responses for common counterarguments people might have.

Should gay marriage be legal?

Human Rights Campaign is probably a great resource as well. Human Rights Campaign

These are just two that I can think of right away. If I think of any other good sites, I'll add them later. Good luck!

pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:26 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Thanks a ton
    shellbi19

Comment by shellbi19 (original poster) at 11:32 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Ill look and try to find what I can.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 12:12 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Here is some information on the Coquille Tribe in Oregon that now recogize gay marriage

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/05/coquille_samesex_marriage_law.html

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:41 AM on Feb. 3, 2011