Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sometimes i want to give my one year old up for adoption?

I want to give her up because im in a very abusive relationship and i don't think i can do it on my own, i probably could if i didn't have the baby. I want her to have the best life possible!!! Help please

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (30)
  • Do you can't leave your relationship so you feel like you should give your baby up? Or do you mean....if you leave your relationship you don't feel like you could raise her on your own? Sorry, just trying to clarify. Do you have family to help you with your child?

    Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

  • I think you should get out of the abusive relationship and not worry about that just worry about her! You love her enough to want her to have the best life possible, well you should be the one to give it to her!

    Answer by brittany320 at 10:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

  • try a womans safe house they have them in all states. if that is not an option then have the baby stay with a relative until you get out. good luck and i will keep you in my prayers.

    Answer by annamcg18 at 10:22 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

  • If he is abusive towards you it won't be long before he is abusive to her. You can deny that it won't happen but, if you love her you need to get out of the relationship

    Answer by Alma_C at 10:38 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

  • My son was 11 months when I left my abusive ex, I had no job because he would not allow me to work, so I was scared to death that we would not make it. Call domestic violence, they can help you and tell you what help is available, if you have to go to social services, do it there is more pride in getting out than shame in getting help. If you have to beg family do it. Maybe you can have a family member take your daughter (if not both of you) in for a bit. If you really think you want to give her up for adoption, DV should also be able to at least refer you to other agencies.

    Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:41 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

  • Get Help! There are TONS of information out there for you!

    call 1-800-799-SAFE This will help you locate a shelter in your area. You can also call (800) 799-SAFE to find out how to contact a family violence program in your area. they can get you and your baby all the information you need! You've made the 1st step of asking for help and you are also aware of that you need help! You have to be strong. You may even me suffering from depression which is making you feel like you can't get through this. But, you have to be tough for yourself first!

    ALSO! You can go to ENDABUSE.ORG and at the bottom of the page click "GETTING HELP"

    I've been there, I know what your going through! Contact me If you want more information!


    Answer by DancerMomof2 at 10:43 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

  • you can do it on your own andi should be easier because of your child why would you give your child up for an abusive man

    Answer by jodi205 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

  • if you feel like you cant take care of your child and you truly feel that or if u are feeling your baby is in danger by your so and you arent willing to leave then yes you should give up the child

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

  • I think that is courageous of you, and self-less to put your daughter before yourself.
    Think long and hard about it, and make sure you have no regrets. You need to get out of that relationship no matter what. Staying is not an option, for you or for your daughter. Enough is Enough. You may not want to give up your daughter forever.... adoption is permanent. Maybe you can find someone you trust to care for her for a while, until you are stable. Forever is a long time.
    I wish you luck, and safety.

    Answer by Rachel9580 at 11:19 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

  • Is this his child? If so he will also have to agree to the adoption and if he's abusive I highly doubt he'd allow that! Be safe these other ladies have given you tons of great resources to try; and don't be ashamed to tell your family...he's the one in the wrong not you...Good Luck

    Answer by beachmamaof2 at 11:22 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.