What is your current deductible for your car and home insurance?

Thinking about raising my deductibles from 500 to 1000 on both my car and house. Not sure about my boys cars though.

momofne

Asked by momofne at 9:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

• if u have a house the minimum should already be 50/100...if ur in an at fault accident and cant come up with wut ur ins didnt pay then they can go after ur house for the rest....at least thats wut i'm told...my dad works for State Farm...
    mgm_5

Answer by mgm_5 at 10:17 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I am not sure if mgm understand what you are asking. Our deductible is at $500 and I have mentioned changing it to my husband because it would change our payments but he is adamantly against it. I don't think that coming up with an extra $500 if you got in an accident would be that big of a deal.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:03 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• We don't own our own home and our car is liability only... so I guess in a sense the deductible is as much as the car is worth... which is maybe $1000??
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 3:07 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Mine is $500.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:51 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• House is at $500, car is at $1000
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 10:34 AM on Feb. 3, 2011