Where should we have our wedding?

My fiance and I currently live in Colorado because he is in the military. My family and friends live in Illinois and his family and friends live in Iowa. We both went to Iowa State University in Ames, IA. Should we have the wedding in our college town or have it in my hometown? If we have it in my hometown, my side does not have to travel, but his side has to travel 10 hours to the wedding. If we have it in our college town, my side has to travel 6 hours and his side has to travel 3 hours. I just want to make everyone happy and to not have everyone travel that far, but in our situation, it's hard to please everyone.

AnnaEisbrener

Asked by AnnaEisbrener at 10:04 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• Have it where YOU want it, and don't worry about who has to travel where. Have it at Disneyworld and make everyone travel LOL
    Anonymous

• Go to the courthouse and get married. Then you can have a reception where his folks live, another reception where your folks live, and nobody has to travel anywhere except the two of you.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• We live in Colorado, too. DH grew up here but his sisters and their families all lived overseas when we got married. My family was in New York. When it came down to it, I wanted get married where I was comfortable - families be damned. We got married in downtown Denver on the roof top patio of the Westin. Those who could come did. Those who didn't - oh well. We were happy and had a blast.

You could get married in Colorado and make it a destination wedding of sorts. A nice weekend at the Broadmoore or a dude ranch outside of Steamboat, Breckenridge. It's your wedding you need to do it where you will be happiest.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• My husband and I eloped when he was in tech school for the USAF. It was way easier than planning a wedding and trying to make everyone happy :)
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 10:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2011