Sons got a fever

My two year old has had a fever for a couple days, I left work tonight because his dad gave him tylenol and it didnt do ANYTHING for him. I checked his temp and its up to a 103. I called the pedi and they said a viral infection can give him a high fever for a few days..but if he has it more than three to bring him in...

So what do you do for your baby when they have a fever to make them comfy. I dont want to strip him and have him be cold but I dont want him to be sweaty all night. Hes such happy sick little thing its crazy but I hate fevers! Hes sooo hot all over!? :x I dont want a sickling?! But if it doesnt break in the morning we will be going to the pedi? What do I do in the mean time.

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 10:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you can give him childrens Advil or motrin on top of tylenol to help with high fever because they are from two different types of drug familys. I give both to my DD when she gets high temps. Then if you have it put a small heater in your bathroom and get it really warm in there and run a luke warm bath and wash from head to toe to help bring down the fever. Then dry completely and put in night clothes for the night. If the fever doesn't break call your pedi if it breaks he will be fine.
    Mommabearofone

Answer by Mommabearofone at 10:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Give him a dose of ibuprofen. It might work better than the tylenol. And make sure that he is drinking a lot. Hydration is the best thing for him.

I would give him popsicles and let him run around in a diaper and t-shirt if he's comfortable. Mine liked to wear a t-shirt and sweats and wet down their hair.

My youngest had the chicken pox when he was 2. He was running 104 and running around saying "chicken pops!" As long as they are comfortable I feel better. I think its worse when they are sick and just lounge about like my 13 yr old last week. I felt so bad because there was so little I could do for him.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:31 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• keep him hydrated w/ popscicles, jello and gatorade. Give lots of love and cuddles
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 1:23 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• i agree with pp
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:43 AM on Feb. 3, 2011