Are you one of the people that are unhappy it is tax time?

I know I am. My hubby makes way to much money (it doesn't seem like it) the fact of the matter is we have owed the IRS for several years and it is getting old!

tracylyn245

Asked by tracylyn245 at 10:10 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

• nope i luv it!!!!
    mgm_5

Answer by mgm_5 at 10:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• i'm always unhappy when i have to pay MORE in taxes than i already do..but that means we've done better than anticipated..so its all good. sort of.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• nope, i look forward to the money. however, from what i heard today, they've changed some things. so those people that are making too little to pay fed taxes and get the EIC this year, may now be making enough to pay fed taxes and not get the EIC next year. some people are not going to be happy about that...but it's amazing how everyone complains about having to pay taxes, but then when tax season comes around and they get this big chunk of change, they're excited they paid it, so they get this whole lump sum...but then complain about it all over again a month later, when that chunk of money is gone.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:22 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I don't mind tax season, we've never owed and its nice to get the money. Every year we don't depend on our tax return for anything so what we do get back we allocate to our family summer vacation. Works out great!
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 10:23 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• not everyone gets a big chunk of change....I am getting money but for bills....
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:32 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I'm better when we get our taxes back. My family tends to struggle from September through to February every year...so seeing that we get our money back we seem to do better...till September rolls around again...but then again, this should be "the year" that things get better for us overall. My dad has to pay the IRS so he doesn't look forward to it...the only thing that my family enjoys really...my baby was born April 15th...so it's a friendly reminder.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 12:41 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• yeah but not for the same reason. I had having to find all the documents we need.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 3:07 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• If you owe every year why don't you guys update your info on his w4 (I think that's what its called I don't remember for sure). Yes they take out more during the year but you're less likely to owe. Just have him change it to "claim" zero.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 4:46 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Nope- I enjoy it :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:51 AM on Feb. 3, 2011