THIS IS A TOTAL VENT.....what is wrong with people?

We have been out of school for two days. Tomorrow the Super has already called a 2 hr delay. Parents are complaining that school should be closed.

When I asked one woman why?? Mind you their child played outside today for HOURS. This person said....It is to cold to stand at the bus. ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

I know I should hold my tongue (I am a School Board Member). But I am at my wits end.

We have parents who complain about school food, yet feed their children crap.
We have parents who complain about education, but do not support education.
We have parents who complain about rules, but don't understand why their children do not listen.
We have parents who complain about the weather, but send their children to school in a hoodie and flip flops in -10 degree weather.
We have parents who complain about their child's weight, but let them sit inside in front of a tv all day.

I fight everyday for children....I just want parents to fight with me...not against me.

Go ahead....attack me...I'm ready...lol

I feel better....lol

Ms.Cristi

Asked by Ms.Cristi at 10:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• way to go

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• AMEN
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I think you just described my nieces mother.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:17 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• No attack from me. I agree. I think that some parents are just clueless.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 10:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I agree...parents who feed their kids the school food are feeding them crap. Oh wait, that's not what you said.

I would just say people have a right to their opinion just like you do. As a board member you signed up for this stuff and you just have to let it roll off your back. I think part of the problem is the school board (at least mine) definitely come across as not giving a rip about the kids which gives all boards a bad name.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 10:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I totally agree with you.

Unfortunately some people complain because they can. Or because they believe they should. Or because they are too damned lazy to do whatever it is that they need to.

Our school was in session today even though it was sub-zero out. So was a major school district in our city (my kids go to private.) You wouldn't believe the news coverage. There was an outcry on FB and you would think we were in Tunisia. The school district didn't back down except to say "do what you think it right for your child. all absences will be excused." And as you said 3/4 of these kids will be out playing in the arctic cold, but heaven forbid they wait for a bus for 3 minutes.

A friend made similar observances as you did and then said she thought that this was going to be the demise of our civilization. She just might be right.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:24 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• you rockI agree 100% with you.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:24 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I am so with you on all of this!!! there will be no battle against you... from my end! I think every parent should be inside a classroom or lunchroom at least one hour a week and then they might have a different opinion on things...they do not even know what goes on inside a school building from day to day...but i do I have worked in 2 schools..one rural and one in the suburbs and I will tell you first hand it is hard and nobody has a clue because they think their precious Johnny and Susie are perfect...and they are not!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 10:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• well you cant please everyone and someone is always going to bitch no matter what. but i agree with you how can someone say its too cold to stand for 5 or 10 mins on the bus but let them play for hours outside. makes no sense. people like that are ignorant and hypocrates.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I certainly won't attack you, I agree with you!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2011