Need some advice for my friend.

I have a friend that worked in an office for 2 yrs and left there and just started a new job. She only been there a couple of days, and she doesnt like it there. She isnt happy at all. She is thinking about quitting but not telling her Husband about it. She said she thought about telling her husband and family that the place told her it wasnt working out for them at time and would call her back in if they needed her. I told her it was a very bad idea but I dont think she is listening to me. Any advice?

tgeary

Asked by tgeary at 10:18 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

• I think she should tough it out for awhile and see how it goes, or at least wait until she finds another job. She may leave that one and not get another one for a long time. If she does quit and lies to her husband just think of the mess she'll be in when it comes out - and you know it will.
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 10:22 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Well I think she needs to be honest....I am sure her husband will stand behind her with whatever she chooses to do. I also agree that she should at least give it awhile and see how she adjusts. Sometimes it is a matter of just getting used to a new job. If in the end she really can not take the job then she really should be honest with her family and make sure she gives at least 2 weeks notice...Good luck
    ademaddis1279

Answer by ademaddis1279 at 10:25 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• often new jobs are hard at first. SHe really should give it some time. I started a new job in OCTand the first week I wantedto quit...Iwas even in tears! nowi love it....SHe should talk to her hubby about it too sometimes just venting helps.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2011