How much is your power bill ?

I can never get my bill under 250 a month!! it doesn't matter what I do...I have to wonder if the meter is even being read!

tracylyn245

Asked by tracylyn245 at 10:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

• Our utilities bill last month was like $250. That was almost double what it normally is.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:26 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Ours was $105.24 this month. Try unplugging EVERYTHING that isn't essential, you would be amazed how much that brings your bill down. Doing it every night is a pain in the butt, however, you may find out that it's worth it. The stuff that you don't think about is what usually runs up the power. Stove, microwave, TV's, anything hooked to your TV, computers, hair dryers, lamps....Good Luck.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 10:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• 120 but we live in AZ where its not too cold so summer are our high bills.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Our usually runs between...$90-$100
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 10:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Mine was $484.00, normally between $200 - $250. I was stunned when I seen the bill, but we havent been able to get our bill below $230. I wonder if ours gets read becuase they say it is read on the 1st but alot of times the 1st falls on a Sunday and even Holiday and I know they dont work on them days.
    tgeary

Answer by tgeary at 10:30 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• last month mine was 170 and now its 250 again....but i know y and the problem is getting fixed so hopefully i'll see results in the next couple of months
    mgm_5

Answer by mgm_5 at 10:31 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• last month's bill was $187 (water & electric are the same bill), but it also included a set-up fee/deposit since it was our first month in new home. i expect january's bill to be about the same. the gas bill, however, may knock our socks off, as it usually does during the winter months.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• We used to pay it month by month, but now we got on the average monthly thing where they average your payments throughout the year. Now we pay $123/month. That way, we pay the same each month even though some months might be higher or lower.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 11:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Just moved to a new house where the landlord told us the average winter electric bill was around $200. Guess what? He's a liar! Its $300+. And weve had the heat down so low that we have been wearing multiple layers of clothing, and have been curled up on the couch under comforters and still shivering cause its so cold! And we opened up the fire place and have been using it everyday to help,and the people that lived here before us didn't even use that! Needless to say, looks like we could be moving again before next winter!
    sugrpi_2

Answer by sugrpi_2 at 11:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Our apt is all electric..was $201
    mommaofemma

Answer by mommaofemma at 12:42 AM on Feb. 3, 2011