is it true if i have intercourse a few days before ovulation it will better my chances of havign a girl?

the first day of my last period was Jan 11, We tried on the 20th, haven't tested yet, But Could I be pregnant if you have intercourse a few days before ovulation??

lovingmom2011

Asked by lovingmom2011 at 10:40 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I think their are myths and theories all over the board about how to concieve a specific gender.. none have worked that I know of - its 50/50 shot
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Honestly, it is up to your DH.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• its a 50/50
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:45 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I figured it would be lol.. Couldn't Blame me for trying tho? Ill find out this weekend if im pregnant or not!! Fingers Crossed:)

Thanks Lady's
    lovingmom2011

Comment by lovingmom2011 (original poster) at 10:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• you get what you get and don't throw a fit!

BTW i conceived my son this way.....I never hada preference so to me no big deal
    Anonymous

• You get what you get. Wives tales are just that....wivestales. I'm pregnant and I'm soooo sick of hearing the wives tales!!! lol. They just aren't true. If they were they would be true for EVERYONE!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Well, Either way would be just as HAPPY!!!! A Baby Is a gift from heaven :) I have a One year old Son, And Just HEY... Why not TRY to have a girl!!!! It Couldn't hurt ..
    lovingmom2011

Comment by lovingmom2011 (original poster) at 10:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Hey who knows, you might get lucky since the XX sperm are said to live longer and swim slower =) Wish you luck on being pregnant and your baby girl if you are!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Scientifically that is true, but there are always the roll of the dice exceptions. ... the xx sperm (female) live longer yet swim slower, the xy male sperm are faster but die younger, so if you give those xx girly sperm the extra few days before ovulation to be there waiting for the egg when it's released you have a better chance of having a girl, if you have sex right during ovulation, the male sperm get there first- I did this twice- had sex right when I ovulated and have 2 boys. Take if for what it's worth. Next time I'm going to track my ovulation for like 6 months to a year before trying and I will ttc about 4 days prior to ovulation because I want a girl really bad. Sperm can live up to 5 days in case you weren't aware of that. Good luck!
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 11:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Wow! SOO Happy To here that! Thanks So much For your Input lady's :) And good Luck Ash. Hope You get your girl you want :)... And I will Inform everyone this weekend if I'm pregnant or not :)
    lovingmom2011

Comment by lovingmom2011 (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2011