how long does it take for an attorney to do a title search on a home?

I've been waiting for 8 bussiness days now, I was just wondering whats going on. I call his office and the secretary tells me we will close when he's finish doing title work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We've never had a titale search that had a problem and they all took about a week or so. My brother was buying a house that came out to have an unclear title and it was 3 weeks before he was told the deal could not proceed until the title was clear.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Keep in mind your title isn't the only one he's working on. Lawyers can be jerks and let it sit on their desk until their assistant gets around to doing all his work. It took 2 weeks for mine to get done.
    Anonymous

• You can find the title information online in minutes. It shouldn't be taking eight days. Unless there's a dispute as to who the real owner is it shouldn't take that long.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• In our area some of the counties are still not online so that may be the issue where you are. If that is not the case he is just being slow or has a lot of work.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 11:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2011