Do your kids tell everything that goes on at home or is said at home?

Both my son and daughter want to go around school, grandparents, and our friends telling them things that are said at home, what we do everyday and what we dont do every day. We cant keep our business, our business because they want to go tell. My husband and I have had to start talking about things in private and nothing around the kids because they go tell.

What do you do about this?

tgeary

Asked by tgeary at 10:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• What type of business are they telling? I firmly believe kids should be kids and not know or hear all the "adult" type things that are going on that you might not want spread..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:45 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• My middle DD does the same thing.. I really don't have anything to hide and if its ok for the kids to know; its ok for others... If these things you don't want others to know, keep it private between you and hubby or tell them to keep their mouths shut (in a nice way of course) lol...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• OMG, lol my ss is mentally challenged and he makes friends with every homeless person and weirdo on the public transit line when we go out, He tells them his name, our name, his siblings names, if me and dh got in a fight yesterday, if we run out of toilet paper, that mommy plucked a hair out of her chin, whatever comes to his mind he will tell, but he wont make friends with the nice looking guy in the suit, just the "interesting" looking ones! We do our best to curb him without seeming to be rude to the other person, but yeah, he tells people our personal info all the damn time!

\\\\\\\\\
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 2:21 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• We formed a "club" that is ONLY for Mom, Dad, & kids at home. The first rule is that what happens in our home stays at home. Even if you don't have anything specific to hide, you have to keep some things AT HOME! The kids get the same respect, Mom & Dad don't go telling stuff either. I think it's good that we have that trust. Don't get me wrong, I also believe that a child should stay in a child's place. There are a lot of things the kids don't need to know about. This has actually worked extremely well for our family.
    darmika

Answer by darmika at 12:49 AM on Feb. 9, 2011