sagging pants

What are your thoughts on the low riding saggy pants? You know, when they wear the waist band below their butt. My stepson (14) wears his jeans like that and it's driving me crazy. It's gross. I REALLY don't want to look at his underwear. I'm thinking about insisting he pull them up while he's at home. He says he has them pulled up at school. Does it bother anyone else or is it just me? I'm trying to pick my battles but it's grossing me out. I've even seen where cities have fined people for dressing like that.

Meeshelle08

Asked by Meeshelle08 at 10:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I think it's nasty looking. My grandson does it. I hate it but it's his life

Answer by admckenzie at 10:44 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• We refused to allow it in our home. My sons were told if they were 'sagging' expect to be pants. they didn't believe my husband. He came up behind my oldest and yanked his pants to his ankles at the mall. The problem ceased to exist.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:48 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• lol...That's hilarious GrnEyedGrandma. I totally agree...it is disgusting.
    ;
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 10:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• It bothers me. It must bother them to they walk funny and have to keep hold of the front. Is this for fashion. Ridiculous.

tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Post this on his door....
    Pants on the Ground Pictures, Images and Photos

Or do what GrnEyedGranny suggested... LMAO!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:00 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• To GrnEyedGrandma, , I guess he just had to learn the hard way. That idea, I would have never thought of.

amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:34 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I am a strong believer in choosing your battles. This is not one that I would choose...

Answer by rkoloms at 6:15 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I hate it but with a step-son idk if this is the battle to choose.......good luck
    AngryLittleLola

Answer by AngryLittleLola at 9:02 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Thanks everyone for your thoughts on this. Still undecided as to how to address it but GrnEyedGranny I love your idea! Although it is definitely something his dad would have to do. lol
    Meeshelle08

Comment by Meeshelle08 (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My son sags, We have a rule that I don't want to see his underwear (more than the band of boxers) So his shirt had better cover it. It's a compromise, I still have to remind him 50 times a day. I'll just play swat any exposed undie area in public and he pulls them up. Drives my husband totally nuts. Me? I figure he'll grow out of it. Sagging skinny pants=very silly trend.
    katey1211

Answer by katey1211 at 8:04 PM on Feb. 3, 2011