Natural Childbirth

Share your expierence and whether or not you would do it again. Also have you had a labor with drugs and did you like that better or having a natural birth? Did you choose to have a natural birth, or did you have a fast labor and not really have a choice?

elffyefli

Asked by elffyefli at 10:44 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I chose to have mine naturally (all 5 of them). I wouldn't do it any other way!
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I am all about natural births. IMO I would rather be able to feel everything, know when I need to push instead of being told when to push. Both of mine were natural. My dd was induced but I didn't get an epidural. Women have been having babies forever, and if they could do it, so could I
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I was induced at 39wks with both of my boys. I was already dilated to 4-5 with both of them just didn't go into actual labor on my own, and I lived almost an hour away from the hospital and they were winter babies and in MI they would rather induce you and be safe than have you racing to the hospital in bad weather conditions and risk having your baby in a snowy ditch. lol. So anyway, I had pitocin and my water was broken by the doctor, both my babies were born within 5hrs of my water breaking. My 1st labor I had to push for 1.5hrs, and I tore and it was a bit rough, but the labor itself wasn't horrible, My 2nd baby I pushed for 10 minutes and didn't tear at all, and it was all good. Both were good experiences. I did have epidurals, but since I was so dilated already I didn't get much so still felt everything, just took the edge off a tiny bit.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 10:48 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I had 2 natural and it was nice yet painful but you know what when they said to push my mind was clear and focused and those babies were out in no time...
    when I had the one baby under the influence of pain killers I could not focus and it took a long time for my head to get out of the clouds and focus so the pushing took much longer and it was more painful because it took so long.
    If i could do it over I would have had them all natural.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 10:49 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I chose to have three natural deliveries... I'm not against epidurals, but I felt like if I could possibly avoid them I would. I loved my births- they were really great, empowering, happy experiences and I would do the same thing again if I were to have another baby. One of the really nice things was the lack of recovery time... I was out of bed and walking around within half an hour of giving birth... no catheter, no IV drip... I basically had my baby, took a rest for half an hour, and then felt unbelievably good and energized and 'normal.'
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I have done both and enjoyed my labors with epidurals much more and will go in that direction with my fourth.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:53 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I had both of mine natural. The first time, my labor stalled out and they had to give me pitocin. All I want to say about that is pitocin sucks. My uterus tips towards the back instead of the front like most women, so I have contractions in my back instead of my stomach and pitocin made them intense! The second time, i decided to wait it out a little longer at home and then barely made it to the hospital in time! But now I dont even think i would want an epidural if I had the chance. Yes childbirth can be a very painful experience, but its more than worth it!
    sugrpi_2

Answer by sugrpi_2 at 10:58 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I chose mine and I would not change going without drugs. The only thing that I would change, if I could go back, is that I wouldn't have gone to the hospital when my OB told me to (I was only 3cm dilated), and I probably would have just stayed home and said, "Whoops! Guess I forgot to go in!" after having DD. We don't have midwives around here and assisted home births are illegal anyway, so I was forced to either go to the hospital or go it alone (with DH). I really wish that we had just done it ourselves, now, because we could have, but it's too late now.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:00 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• My first was natural childbirth...my husband was in the Air Force and that particular hospital gave me no choice...it was a money issue for them...it was a long and difficult birth, and I should have had a c-section because my baby was in fetal distress and my blood pressure was at stroke levels.....they were incompetent....My 2nd baby was a C-section because she also went into fetal distress soon after labor started.....My 3rd was an attempted VBAC using drugs and an epidural...long labor that ended with c-section....honestly, in my case, natural was a nightmare, but that was because of the awful experience.....If I weren't such a high risk, I would have loved to attempt a home birth with a loving midwife....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:03 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• My first labor went average and then she got stuck in her umbilical cord, so I opted for an epidural at 8 centimeters(it was heaven). But my second labor quick I officially pushed one time. scheduled to be induced I was given something to help soften my uterus, then I was scheduled to be induced with the Oxytocin. I also requested an epidural Needless to say I never made it to the Oxytocin or the epidural. When the nurse came I was in full blown labor, they scrambled to the delivery table(literally). My body pushed and I felt her whole body come out. It feels like you are having life RIPPED from your body. Only bcuz I was not mentally prepared. Upside my recovery was quicker than my first becuz I did it natural. No more epidural for me...LOL, It truly was a beautiful experience.
    novice2008

Answer by novice2008 at 11:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2011