Has anyone seen this information?

I found this news report on Google News. Its pretty sad stuff. I understand that some people are angry, but where does the hate and ignorance end? I was most shocked by the entry about second and third graders. Please read the article and share your thoughts. I'm interested to see if anyone is as saddened and sickened as I am.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iEyLuiVkdd-f1RM5wnoR0kF4WbvgD94FHP480

SLCMOMMY

Asked by SLCMOMMY at 10:23 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Sigh, I'm so proud and happy to be a New Yorker where racists are the minority
    Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 10:27 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I keep asking myself "What year is it?" We have to keep moving forward and do not let peoples fear and hate pull us back
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:34 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• it bothers me. i didnt want him as president but not because of his race. i recieved text messages making fun of obama. one that i can remember said "how can one man run the white house when it takes ten to run mcdonalds" another said "i recieved a christmas ornament with obamas face on it, iv always wanted to hang a nigger from a tree." I live in the south so racism is still a problem. my husband is part of it. he says nigger alot and it really bothers me. im not black but my maiden name is tyson when his grandfather found that out he questioned my race. I know i am getting of subject with all of this but it is something that is always bothering me. my husband just the other day asked what i would do if my son brought home a black girl. is said that i would treat her the same as anyone else. its not any different then him being white and i am indian. wow i am glad to get this all off of my chest.
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 10:41 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Ugh. It makes me sick. I did not vote for Obama, but it was because of his views on abortion, etc, not the color of his skin. Part of me is glad he won though...........
    Anonymous

• That is awful!!! I did not vote for Obama, but that is only because I do not agree with his views on certain issues. I am very happy that this country has finally broken that prejudicial barrier, I just do not think that Obama was the best man for the job.
    Anonymous

• Really sad. I have to admit this kind of stuff blows me away... I tend to associate with people that are as open minded as I am... and then I start to think they are the "norm"... I can't believe there is still this much under current of fear and animosity based on race alone.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:14 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I did not vote for Obama because I just felt that McCain had a (slightly) better plan for our country. However the majority of my fellow Americans felt differently, and Mr Obama is now our president-elect. It is time for all of us to put aside the division and the hatred in our hearts because we come from different races and cultures and viewpoints and stand together as one nation backing him up and making this a better America for the future and for our children.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:24 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Hatred can only create more hatred--it destroys everything else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Yes Allys because racsm is soley in OTHER parts of the country.. I think most new yorker s are really openminded...so much so tha sometimes thier brains fall out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I live in Ga and can say that is not the norm.
    JMGouge

Answer by JMGouge at 10:59 AM on Nov. 16, 2008