My stepdaughter is pissed she wasn't invited to her sister's b-day party

My step daughter who is in her 30's had a falling out with her dad and me sometime ago. As a result, she has abandoned her little sister who just turned 10, she calls her maybe less than once a month, prior to this, they were very close. My daughter is so hurt , she has really hardened her heart to her. When my sd heard she had a friends party, she called her dad screaming and crying why she wasn't invited!!! This is typical of her self centered personality, her speal should have been, I am so sorry I have not been around for her, I need to make things right with her!! It was my daughter who did not want her step sister at the party. I am so tired of her turning things around, she now thinks my daughter was mean not to have invited her!!! What was mean was her dropping out of her sisters life for months,she did not even call her on thanksgiving, or Christmas Day!! What is the best way to handle this?

Frustrated1126

Asked by Frustrated1126 at 10:53 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• ignore it. She is reaping what she has sown.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• U need to let your husband handle her. This child like 30 something needs to grow up.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Did you call your 30 year old daughter. For some reason the 10 year old got dragged into you and your SDs problem. Be a mother and help them work it out. They need to be sisters.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I would ignore her...when she wants to come around and be an "adult" then she should be accepted back into the family. But calling a 10 year old "mean" really shows where her mentality is...
    Anonymous

• umm yea she needs to grow up.. if i was the 30 year old i would have just let it go and just bring the little girl a present and squash the beef.. shes too grown to be actin like that.. she must not have kids.... but any ways she'll get over it and come around when shes ready
    jenny2150

Answer by jenny2150 at 11:04 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• She needs to grow the hell up, her sister is 10 and is the one who is hurting tell her if she cant be an adult about the situation don't call bitching or turning around on you guys

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 11:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• as they say in a very popular program in Latin America: she needs to hang up her skates and graduate as an adult!
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 11:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• On what grounds did your step-daughter think she should have been at her sisters birthday party when she hasn't been with her over the last holidays? Does your daughter ever talk about her? Wait until your daughter gets older and wises up. She might actually tell your step-daughter what she thinks. I'm sure that it will make more of an impression to her than anything you will say. What goes around, comes around.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:24 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Hey you're dealing with a 30 year old"child".If she is so upset over your 10 year not wanting her at her birthday party then she really has issues.Regardless of what has transpired between you and your husband with her, the fact still remains she is 30 years old and I guess could call herself a some what adult.It might be the guilt in her coming out,I don't know the reason for the falling out but really there should be no reason why there is a rift between her and your daughter. I have the same problem at home with my step daughter who has literally abandoned me & my kids but clearly can have a relationship with her dad, but when there are family functions wonders why she is not with us? Don't stress the issue and quite honestly it's your daughters party and her day, if she didn't want to invite her that was her choice . Eventually she will grow up and understand ehat she is missing.
    penny220

Answer by penny220 at 8:55 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I would call her and tell her that her little sister misses her and needs her, and that you hate for her to be in the middle of this and would like to see the two get together
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2011