What can I do about my son not sleeping through the night?

I have a 9 month old son who just recently stopped sleeping through the night.He goes to bed at 8 then he's up at 9.I can't get him to go back down untill about 11:30. He wakes up at 6am. He does wake several times between 11:30 and 6am.

tink0922

Asked by tink0922 at 10:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• maybe he's not ready to go to bed until later....My daughter is 2 1/2 and still doesn't sleep through every night...you can't expect much until they're about 18 months old or so...give him a later dinner...some plain yogurt will fill him up....if he's going to bed at 11:30 and waking up at 6, that is through the night...5 hours is "through the night" for a baby...it may just not be YOUR night :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• my dd is a year old and she still gets up once per night! sometimes she doesnt but most of the time she does!! might b a growth spurt! good luck
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:00 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Try giving him a warm bath and a warm bottle rockin him to sleep but even more dont let him sleep during the day and dont let him go to bed until 9 or 930.
    citymommaof3

Answer by citymommaof3 at 11:00 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• look for a chiropractor who has experience with infants, I have seen the research it works. I have also seen the infant adjustment and it is very gentle.
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 11:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Had this problem with my son his doctor suggested sleeping in pitch black, it worked like a charm
    Pink_caffiene

Answer by Pink_caffiene at 11:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• He is probably getting ready for a growth spurt or major developmental change, and he is probably hungry.

I would have survived having a baby if we hadn't coslept; I could doze/sleep while my daughter ate.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:19 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• DON"T keep him awake during the day as someone posted earlier...babies sleep worse if they are over tired...they need all the sleep they can get...forcing them to stay awake is ridiculous.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• i would never make him stay awake. I'm just getting frustrated due to the fact that I'm getting a major lack of sleep. and he'll sit in his room and cry until i come and get him. he just won't stop waking up at night
    tink0922

Comment by tink0922 (original poster) at 4:06 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Getting a sound machine helped with DS when he was little. Our house is old & hardwood floors & creeks & cracks with each step. A sound machine drown out the noise level for DS & he was able to sleep better. You can get one at Bed Bath & Beyond or Target for like $20. To this day, DS has it on when he sleeps (he's 3 now). He loves it!!!
    MamaBloom777

Answer by MamaBloom777 at 5:16 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Take a look at these articles they may help you out

Babies Sleep

Is your Baby Sleeping Through The Night

5 Simple Ways To Settle A Newborn

I had loads of trouble with my eldest but with the right information and a little bit of persistence it all payed off.

Good Luck!

shirl16

Answer by shirl16 at 11:57 PM on Feb. 3, 2011