2 year old and allergies

I have a daughter who just turned 2. The other day she had an allergic reaction to either peanuts, walnuts or something in Dairy Queen ice cream. It was bad enough that it was recommended that we take her to the ER. She hasn't had an allergy test done b/c she's too young. Does anyone else have a toddler that has had an allergic reaction to something? What did you do for him/her? I'm so paranoid that since we're not 100% sure what she was allergic to that she'll have an even worse reaction!

ang0343

Asked by ang0343 at 10:28 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i found out my daughter was allergic to peanuts, she broke out in welts all over her body, took her to er. usually theyll say to give them benedryl, unless of course the reaction is bad enough to close the throat up.
    SHADYZGIRL1983

Answer by SHADYZGIRL1983 at 11:22 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• My son is allergic to anything containing tomatoes. He breaks out in rashes all over his body as well as whelps. I took him to the doctor and they told me that he had eczema and stated that he shouldn't eat foods containing tomato products. So I try to avoid it because in addition to the rash and whelps it causes him to itch uncontrollably.
    shanta38134

Answer by shanta38134 at 10:05 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Your child is not to young to have an allergy test, we had to take my son at about 1 or even younger. My son is alleric to eggs, and anything that contains eggs...call your daughters doctor and them you need them to refer you to an Allergy Doctor, when you go see the Allergy Doctor they will draw a chart on her back and kind of "scratch" her with different things and then in about 5 minutes the doctor will come back and tell you what she is alleric to...I had to find out the hard way about my sons egg allergy, his face swelled up like Rocky's, lol.
    Jen_Norvell

Answer by Jen_Norvell at 12:10 AM on Nov. 17, 2008