Why does he have the right to treat me bad?

I'm speaking of my son. He was married 2 yrs ago. His wife was always nice and polite to me. She became pregnant and out of no where my son quits talking to me. She had twin girls in which I am not allowed to see. I have done nothing to my son but be a good Mother. His wife acts jealous of our family. My daughter can't even see the babies. My son said he wants to move forward with his new family. To heck with us. What in the world is wrong with my son and his wife? Why would one not want the grandparent in their children s life?

enoghisenough

Asked by enoghisenough at 11:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• You really have no idea why he cut you out of his life? Surely you must have some suspicion as to the reason.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:18 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• No offense, but did you ever treat his wife with disrespect? Sometimes, it's just one simple comment and now that she has the kids, she's gonna be very protective. I'd talk to your son and ask what changed so dramatically. Anyway, when they need a babysitter, they'll warm back up.
    Anonymous

• :( thats sad.
    im with sleepingbeautee though, there must be some sort of reason.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• She maybe planting things in his head and he may be dumb enough to listen all you can do is continue to at least reach out to him letters, phone calls, anything to see if you can restore your relationship this is really sad good luck and I am sorry that you are going through this

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 11:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I never treated his wife with nothing but respect. I liked her. That is why I find this so odd.
    enoghisenough

Comment by enoghisenough (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I agree with Anon and Sleeping, are you positive you have no clue why. When I married my DH his mother over stepped her boundaries every time we turned around, however, she didn't see where she was overstepping until I blew up. Sounds like maybe you said or did something that offended her. Good Luck, maybe you could call and tell her you are sorry if you did anything to upset her.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 11:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• It just doesn't make any sense, maybe it's time to talk to your son and see why it is they don't want you in there life.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 11:22 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I have sent emails. I called them. They changed their number. I know people must think I did something to warrent this, but I did not! Why isn't my daughter allowed to see these babies? Why would someone just cut you off like you did not exists? The whole thing makes no sense
    enoghisenough

Comment by enoghisenough (original poster) at 11:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• My son did the same thing. He won't tell me why but I wish him well.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• It sounds like your son's wife is very controlling. Is his personality more passive? I believe this has more of a control issue. Or she's been telling people bad things about you that you aren't aware of. Does anyone outside the family , maybe some friends, know what's going on at their house. There is a such thing as Grandparents rights.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:08 AM on Feb. 3, 2011