possible food allergie?

I have started my son on baby food. I gave him organic bananas, he got a red spot on his head from his temple to the crown. Could this be a food allergie? This happened last time I gave him bananas too. Last time I thought it was just from where his head was against his seat. This time I'm almost 100% sure that his head wasnt reasting against the seat. Last time it was just one side of his head, this time it was both. I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of this? He doesnt seem to have any other symtoms.

stephmiester87

Asked by stephmiester87 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• According to your profile, your son is only 2 months old and has absolutely no business eating solid foods.
    Anonymous

• It does sound like it to me. Be careful giving the baby this because if he is allergic then at any time it could get worse and maybe swell his throat up.
    41andholdin

Answer by 41andholdin at 1:06 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• While I won't be as rude as the first poster, I'm wondering why you're giving your son solids already...did you work that out with your doctor first to make sure he was ready? If so, I'd report to him/her that it didn't seem to go well...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:25 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• my son gets several spots all over his face neck and back when he is ellergic to the food, babys can be alergic to banana's so be careful, i was so scared when my son had spots everywhere. im sure ur kinda freaked outm too, so stay calm and just dont give it to him for a few months and also you might want to call your dr. or if you dont have one call any dr. and tell him about your situation. he wil know exactly what to do, maybe ask him if theres any food allergy tests they can run on your child and what the price range is. hope the best for you little one and just remember to try to remain calm.
    missmom1421

Answer by missmom1421 at 2:26 AM on Nov. 16, 2008