DCFS Question -- Edit

Has anyone dealt with DCFS where the allegation was for a child not living in the home?
I dont want to get too in detail on here but need some help/advice. BM called DCFS on DH because shes just like that and the allegation is abuse. Totally not even close to true, if anything BM is abusing SD but... Here we are. DH not allowed to stay with me and our kids from 8p -8a and now theres an OP against him for BM and DD. I think she caught wind we were taking her back to court for custody or she was just bored one day. But now I dont know what to do other than document EVERYTHING which Ive been doing with our visits and now with every conversation with DCFS and we are looking into attorneys. Basically just need advice from people who have dealt with the system and won. Cause DH would never lay a hand on his children and I just want this to be over. My children miss their father.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think every state differs. However, there is a thing called guardianship, it doesn't have to go through the court system in our state, you can go as far as writing a letter stating that said person has guardianship over said child. If child support is received for that child then you have to show receipts that it was transferred to the person taking care of the child. If one of the biological parents finds out that the child is not in the home of the other parent and they can prove it, they can go to court for custody and it will be held against the other parent. Good Luck.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 11:26 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• OH if DCFS has been called it is probably because someone is collecting some type of public assistance, I've never heard of them looking into a case like that unless the child or the system was being abused.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 11:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• That's just nuts. What can he do between 8 p.m and 8 a.m that he can't do between 8 am and 8 p.m?

Answer by admckenzie at 11:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• OP here..
    I think that DCFS is just covering their rears on the 8-8 thing because they dont seem too worried about it... or else he wouldnt be able to see them at all right?!?!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2011