What do you think about the Bumbo?

Proverbs_31

Asked by Proverbs_31 at 11:45 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I liked mine. I only used it for about a month while my son was trying to sit up on his own. It was helpful to let him play by himself on the floor while I did a quick chore like the dishes or wiping the counter. I also got the little tray that goes with it, and my son had a good time playing.

I tried to use it in the tub, too, so that my son could sit up more easily but that was a BAD idea. The Bumbo floats, and it's too easily tipped over when in water. DO NOT DO IT. :)
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I have never really wanted to use one but I know that a lot of people love them.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I had one for my youngest daughter. I got quite a bit of use out of it, glad I purchased it. I know like with a lot of things the baby is either going to enjoy it or not.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:58 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I know the bebe pod seat has better ratings. I think I will get one for when my baby gets here.
    Kelli1012

Answer by Kelli1012 at 12:02 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• That's funny, b/c I was just wondering yesterday about putting it in the tub. Didn't have the guts to try, kudos to u for admitting that, Busimommi!
    Proverbs_31

Comment by Proverbs_31 (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I tried the Bebe Pod and my dd didn't fit well into as she did the Bumbo. However I did like the fact that it strapped onto a chair.
    Proverbs_31

Comment by Proverbs_31 (original poster) at 12:08 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I used one with both my kids. It was handed down to me from my friend, so I got it for free. I dont think I would pay the $40.00 I saw it for sale for though. My kids really didnt like it. They would only sit in it for about 3-5 minutes before fussing and crying. I couldnt even use it long enough to do anything. I gave it to my sister in law. I'm pregnant again, but I dont want it back. Not worth the money
    busywithbabies

Answer by busywithbabies at 12:27 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I loved my Bumbo got a lot of use out of it.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 2:51 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I just used pillows and saved the money for something else!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:38 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• my dd loved her's! but i would never pay full price for it! she used it for a month or 2! she would sit on the floor in it while i cooked or did dishes or to watch tv with dad! we had the tray that goes with it so i would give her some toys to play with! she could sit in that thing all day!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:39 AM on Feb. 3, 2011