Bed/naptime

Hello Ladies.... I posted about a month ago about our upstairs neighbor calling the cops on us because my daughter was crying and screaming because she didn't want to go to bed. Well the problem only got worse. Now my daughter wont fall asleep at naptime or even bed time without having my dh or I around. I dont know how to break her of this habit seeing as how my neighbor is a grumpy lady :[ Any suggestions??

KrazyKutie

Asked by KrazyKutie at 11:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I never saw your original post, but I am so sorry for your situation! How old is your daughter? I sometimes watch "Supernanny" for tips on what to do in tricky situations. Bedtime and naptime problems are common, and I've even used some of her tips in getting our son to sleep and stay in bed.

I can only orfer the usual-- have a set routine so that she knows what is going to happen. Try and not to deviate from that routine. Make a big deal of her being able to go to bed by herself. Wear her out before her naptime-- I usually take my son out for a walk or we play at teh gym.

Good luck!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:53 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• OMG. That is so frightening.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• i saw this post last time. i don't remember if i answered or not. here's an idea. sit next to her bed at night/nap time. then every night slowly inch your way to the door, until you're outside the door. sorry it's not going well for you, that's the only thing i can think of. good luck!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• You did actually!!! :] I'll have to try that. I just hope she doesn't wake up when she senses I'm not there!
    KrazyKutie

Comment by KrazyKutie (original poster) at 11:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Super nanny is pretty awesome! maybe i'll try using some of her tactics :]
    We usually start attempting to put her to bed at eight.... she doesn't fall asleep until almost eleven some nights. I'll begin taking her on walks and such an hour or so before and see if that helps. She's 2 by the way.... Thanks busimommi
    KrazyKutie

Comment by KrazyKutie (original poster) at 11:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Were ur neighbors complaining or truly concerned?
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 1:16 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• how old is ur dd?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:41 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• sorry just realised the section im in lol

san78

• my son hasnt taken a nap in months, so just accept that some kids stop taking them. also as for bed, maybe try a new night routine and stick to it. im my house we do dinner, then bath, then a movie then bed. it works for most nights but the routine is best. good luck!
    Rebecca25

Answer by Rebecca25 at 10:56 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Proverbs.... They were just complaining. They talked to the cops, the office AND our next door neighbors. Saying that I need to learn correct parenting. She doesn't know what she's talking about and I make it a point to avoid her now. I'm going to try a new routine tonight and I hope it shows signs of working in the next week or so!
    KrazyKutie

Comment by KrazyKutie (original poster) at 2:04 PM on Feb. 3, 2011