Excuse my ignorance but what is going in on

I just don't get it, maybe because I haven't have the time to listen to the news as I should. What is going in on in Egypt? Please can somebody explain it to me? Thanks and again excuse my ignorance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:04 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• From what I understand: The president in Cairo has reigned for thirty years now. He began promising the people a more democratic way of life which is what they wanted. Then he slowly began pulling away from public appearances and started becoming involved in crime and corruption. Now the people are angry and protesting for him to leave. He keeps refusing and his followers are now involved and it's causing tremendous chaos. This is what I've understood, anyone can feel free to correct me, if I misunderstood anything.
    txsgal

Answer by txsgal at 12:08 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• President Mubarak says he will leave in Sept but the people want him out now. Mubarak is sending his army to "police" the people and is causing riots where peaceful protests had been before. Until he steps down and an interim replaces him the people will not be happy. Unfortunetly this will not end suddenly or peacefully. People will die, looting will occur and our own government will take advantage and raise the price of our oil. It's a sickening time to be in Egypt but even more so to be in America and allow the Oil Industry to rape us in the aftermath.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I would like to add those people Mubarak is sending out are not Military, they are people he is paying to "support" him. Most right out of prison...lucky them huh? Mubarak wants the violence because he doesn't intend on leaving, ever, so now he is using violence.

Egypt is 2nd on the list for receiving the most US AID right after Israel.  Why are the Egyptians living in poverty?  Most Egyptians do not agree with the occupation of the Palestinian people, they would also like to open up the border to Gaza from Egypt to help them.  Neither the US, or Israel wants this.  This is why Egypt is being paid in the first place.

I hope this helps you better understand why more people (especially the US) have more concern about this.  More Countries are well on their way to being the next one....Yemen, Jordan, Syria....

Patient.Mama

Answer by Patient.Mama at 7:42 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• They thought Obama was going to move there and try to rule.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Thanks, to all of you!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:11 AM on Feb. 6, 2011