whatis better to use on a diaper rash, baby powder or vasaline

Nicholette G.

Asked by Nicholette G. at 12:11 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• powder
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:12 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Desitin.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:14 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My boys always got really nasty rashes. Our Dr. told me to mix liquid Maalox with aquaphor(vaseline type lotion) It worked GREAT! I had never found anything that worked better(or that didn't sting)

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 12:14 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I put corn starch on my daughters and it clears it up right away
    Ashley2810

Answer by Ashley2810 at 12:16 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• balmex worked wonders on my ds's little tush.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:17 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My daughters doc said diaper rash cream or vasaline. Powder will help temporaly, but u need to apply it often and then risk an urinary infection. Powder will wick away moisture for a very short time as soon as he/.she pees, u have toi apply again. But if u use like Destin ultra strengh, especially over night, that will provide a better mositure barrier.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:18 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Depends on the rash- If it's red and pin point in appearance it could be yeast rash- If it is yeast, it will require medication-and Vaseline or Desitin could make it worse-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:21 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Really none of those. My oldest had the most problems with diaper rash, she was given meds one time, that when she peed the acid took some skin off(I was stressed). Needless to say I have tried every cream and almost all home remedies. The best creams are: A&D it is like Vaseline but it provides vitamin D that will allow the skin to restore, heal and protect against wetness; Triple Paste(THE BEST PRODUCT) It is creamy, thick and loaded. A must have. I use cornstarch on hot days or if they tend to sweat alot. If its yeast apply a small amount in crease around the area and use the other cream to protect it from the urine. If their butt is sore use baking soda when taking a bath to keep from burning. Good Luck!
    novice2008

Answer by novice2008 at 12:51 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• vasoline
    mnb06

Answer by mnb06 at 12:55 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Gold Bond Medicated Powder,
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 1:13 AM on Feb. 3, 2011