Movie party?

Ds will be 6 in March. He wants a party at a local movie theater. The kids would watch a movie (he wants to see Rango) , get the kids popcorn & drink combo. After the movie, we'd go to the party room for cake, presents, etc. Possibly pizza, if we choose to add that to the cost. He wants to invite the whole Kindergarten class.

My question is, do you think the parents will expect to stay? I do not want to get stuck paying for extra parents and siblings, and I don't want the awkwardness of telling them they'd have to pay for themselves if they stay. But the kids are just 5 and 6, so I'm not sure if parents would want to just drop them off, kwim?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I find that parents stay for parties now where in the former generation they did not. I think that if they do stay they should have to pay for themselves.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:20 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I would just state in the invitation that the invitee is paid for and anyone else attending will need to pay...$? amount. He will invite the whole class, but my guess is that less than half will come to the party.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:23 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Usually when we do a party like this if the parents or sibling want to stay they usually pay for themselves. I would also check with the movie theater I know were I live they won't do a birthday party in the first 2 weeks of a movie coming out.

If you are really concerned you could do like sleepingbeautee said and state it on the invitation that parents are more then welcome to stay and the cost of the movie is this.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:14 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• my daughter had a pool party and invited the whole class... i sent out the invites and explained that i was only providing for the one child invited and they are more then happy to stay but they will have to cover the cost of themself and any other that may come. Most parents understand that and its no problem.
    Teresa2266

Answer by Teresa2266 at 12:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Our children have gone to the theater parties and it has always been drop off with one exception where my husband accompanied the party and he paid for his own movie ticket. You need to make it clear on the invitation that it is drop off or they are welcome to stay if they PAY.

Wording would look something like this...Bring your child at 4 PM and arrive at the front lobby (or location) at 6 PM sharp to collect your son or daughter. If you wish to accompany your child, you are very welcome to stay, but you will need to please purchase your own ticket since we have reserved a limited number of tickets for the party.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:21 AM on Feb. 4, 2011