What's the most embarrassing thing your kids have done in public?

Proverbs_31

Asked by Proverbs_31 at 12:23 AM on Feb. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• I once took DD to the office (boss ok´d it, it was a babysitter emergency) when she was around 2... suddenly, I hear this little voice in the hall: "Is there any place here where one can go potty?"... she had stopped one of my coworkers (man) to ask him that! (at that time, only the other admin assistant and myself had children, so this was an alien request for anyone else!...not only that, but that office had and ECHO!!...so everyone in the office heard her!
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 12:30 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Nothing I can think of, but my nephews have done some real doozies to their parents.

My sister was at a memorial service for her stepson's child and she turned around and my nephew (5) was peeing on a headstone.

My brother and his four year old were in the grocery store, in the checkout line. My brother was reading the magazines and his son was standing right next to him. He hears his little boy yell..."Daddy...WHERE ARE HER UNDERWEARS?". He looks over and his son had lifted the skirt of the young woman in front of them and apparently she was going commando. She turned beat red and ran out of the store leaving her items on at the register. OMG... they live in a tiny little town and every time they walk into a store now... everyone starts to giggle.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:30 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Just last night we were at walmart talking to someone who worked there while we waited for another worker to find something for us and my 4 year old son told the woman we were talking to that she had a big tummy!
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 12:28 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• About 5 years ago, husband was pulled over by the police right in front of the house where the kids were playing for no brake light. The four of them 5, 4, 3 and 2 at the time stood singing the Cops theme song at the gate while the officer talked with my husband. The officer couldn’t help, but laugh and shook his head in amusement when the 5 year old yelled out "Can I get your autograph?" Thank goodness he just gave husband a warning. I was thinking to myself at the time, yeah he’s gonna get his autograph, but it’s not gonna be the kind you can hold onto. I don't know if this was the most embarrassing moment, but I was pretty embarrassed. I just half smiled and waved at the man.

Spirit Medium

SpiritMessenger

Answer by SpiritMessenger at 12:46 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My son was younger and in the dr office when a man walked in sat down my son screamed out how cool it was that that man took up 3 chairs! sheesh talkin bout embarrassing! The man was so nice about it though! just explained that he was overweight and that was why.......
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:58 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I had taken both my boys to the Dr& because their Dr was out of the office they saw another one.Well it happened to be a big man w/a white long beard& my 4 yr old tells him " hey i know you, your ho ho ho Merry Xmas"
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 12:39 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Not my DS but my nephew has said a few embarrassing things. We went out to lunch and a really large man sat at the table next to us. My nephew turned to me and yelled, yes yelled, "Aya why's that man so BIG!" I was so embarrassed.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 2:40 AM on Feb. 3, 2011